The Cook County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
The Hoke-Smith Building.
- Sep 17
- Bees, Butterflies and Beyond Symposium 2016: Pollinators and Plants (46.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Douglas, GA
- Area meeting about Pollinators and Plants. Co-sponsored by Douglas Garden Club, Green Thumb Garden Club , General Coffee State Park, Ga. Dept. of Natural Resources, Douglas-Coffee Chamber of Commerce, and UGA Extension
- Sep 17
- Kids Dig It (26.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Valdosta, GA
- Lowndes County 4-H invites you to the 8th annual Kids Dig It,in Valdosta,GA. This is an exciting family outing for kids of all ages. Your kids will enjoy sitting and riding in heavy construction equipment like excavators, front end loaders, bull dozers and much more under the supervision of trained technicians. Other exhibits will be on hand for demonstration as well as games, a visit from Bob the Builder, concessions and much more. Cost is $5.00 per person and all funds go to support Lowndes County 4-H.
- Oct 4-Oct 5
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (16.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Moultrie, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Event Website: http://extension.uga.edu/calendar/?containstext=servsafe