The Cook County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
The Hoke-Smith Building.
- Feb 21
- Area Blueberry Grower Update (64.0 miles)
- 12:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This meeting will focus on changes in the EPA Agricultural Worker Protection Standards (WPS), understanding pesticide labels and reviews of general blueberry disease, insect and weed management programs. Registration is required.
- Feb 28-Mar 1
- SW 4-H Update-All Staff (26.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- SW 4-H Update-All Staff
- Mar 21
- SMALL RUMINANT MEETING WITH DR. NIKI WHITLEY, UGA & FVSU SPECIALIST (70.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Manchester, GA
- This meeting will be an informal one giving producers the opportunity to ask Dr. Whitley about any concerns that they have regarding management on their farms. Topics already presented that will be discussed are CDT vaccinations, prevention of Coccidiosis and mineral supplementation, especially copper, for parasite management.
error! Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object