The Butts County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
We offer services in the following areas
Have questions or want to know more?
- Jan 10-Feb 28
- Journeyman Farmer Training-Small Ruminant Production (63.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Carrollton, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program is a comprehensive training program for beginning and small farmers provided by UGA Cooperative Extension. This program is the second in the series and will address: Part 2- Small Ruminants Production Course ***Parts one through three must be completed in order and all parts of the program must be completed to obtain certification. Small Ruminant Production is a six week training developed by Fort Valley State University in partnership with UGA Extension. Topics include: goat and sheep breeds and selection, nutrition and body scoring, pasture management, predator control, health and diseases, reproduction and kidding/lambing, integrated parasite management, as well as meats and marketing. The training includes a session with live animals to practice body condition scoring, hoof trimming and checking for internal parasites.
- Jan 26
- UGA GrassMasters - Session 3 (56.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Athens, GA
- UGA GrassMasters is a 7-week educational series on forage production. Session 3 is on pest management strategies.
- Jan 27-Jan 30
- SE Junior Senior District Project Achievement for 7th-12th Grades (37.0 miles)
- Eatonton, GA
- SE Junior Senior District Project Achievement for 7th-12th Grades