The Butts County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
We offer services in the following areas
Have questions or want to know more?
- Mar 25-Mar 31
- National 4-H Conference
- Washington, DC
- Connecting • Learning • Engaging • Leading • Impacting National 4-H Conference is the premier 4-H civic engagement national opportunity for youth. National 4-H Conference is the annual premiere national civic engagement opportunity for 4-H members across the country. Delegates will not only learn while at the conference. Delegates have the opportunity to practice and apply in a real world setting their newly developed and refined skills. Land Grant University 4-H Departments send a delegation size of their choice to participate in the conference. The selection and registration process is up to each Land Grant University 4-H Department. Youth delegates must be between ages 15 (by January 1 of the conference year) and 19 years old. The delegates choose an important societal topic and in round table groups prepare a briefing. During the conference, the groups present their briefing to federal officials around the Washington, D.C. area.
- Mar 28
- Southern Women in Agriculture: A Hands-On Basic Training (122.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Chula, GA
- This training is for all women interested or involved in agriculture. Participants will receive hands-on instruction on fencing, tractors, farm implements, trucks and trailers, cattle handling, and animal health. This training is taught by female Extension Agents.
- Mar 28
- Beef Cattle Short Course (36.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | Thomaston, GA
- Upson County Extension will be hosting the Beef Cattle Short Course on March 14th, 21st, and 28th. The short course will begin with Lawton Stewart's presentation on surviving drought with livestock and Levi Russell with insurance and risk management. The second night will be at The Rock Ranch with a live animal demonstration and Jason Duggin discussing the market difference in calves. Dinner will be served the final night with Jacob Segers presenting an in-depth discussion of EPD's. Cost for this course will be $55 a person or $75 per couple, please register with the Upson Extension Office (706) 647-8989 by March 10th