The Butts County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
We offer services in the following areas
Have questions or want to know more?
- Aug 23-Nov 8
- Junior Master Gardener Program (31.0 miles)
- 4:00 PM | Fayetteville, GA
- The Junior Master Gardener Program is an exciting youth program for current 3rd-5th graders. Youth will explore insects, flowers, fruits, wildlife, vegetable gardening, soil and water conservation and much more! The program meets every Tuesday from 4-6pm starting August 23rd until November 8th. We only have 20 spaces, so register early to reserve your spot!
- Aug 27
- Master Gardener Extension Volunteer Plant Clinic (35.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Peachtree City, GA
- Come join Master Gardener Extension Volunteers at our local Farmers Market in Peachtree City. Come visit our booth to learn more about educational programs sponsored by the Fayette County Extension Office, 4-H youth activities, and ask volunteers your garden questions.
- Aug 30
- Cool Season Turfgrass and Tips for Warm Season Grasses (31.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Fayetteville, GA
- Is your lawn stressed and suffering? Now is the time to fine tune your turf management program. We have had not only hot and dry weather this year, but also chinch bugs and armyworms that are marching across lawns and athletic fields in our county. Dan Larrick, Fayette County Master Gardener Extension Volunteer will lead you through this informational session and share tips that were recently published by Dr. Clint Waltz, UGA Extension Turfgrass Specialist, for Managing Turfgrass During Drought Periods.