4-H Youth Development
The Georgia 4-H program is part of the educational outreach of UGA Extension. Our Butts County 4-H Agent works with community youth to support education in agriculture, the environment and family and consumer sciences through quality programming, competitions, events and experiences that help to "Make the Best Better." Some events in which your local Agent can help the youth get involved with include:
- 4-H School Curriculum
- Cloverleaf Summer Camp
- Junior Summer Camp
- Senior Summer Camp
- Cloverleaf District Project Achievement (DPA)
- Jr./Sr. District Project Achievement (DPA)
- Fall Forum
- Junior Conference
- Field Trips
- State Council
- Summer Enrichment/Fun Programs
Contact us for more information!
Below are some of the 4-H's most broadly useful resources from the Georgia 4-H website. Please contact us for more information about participating in any of these programs through this county office.
- Summer Camp
- County offices promote and coordinate 4-H summer camp experiences unlike any other in the country. Counties travel to unique 4-H centers across the state offering fun, friendship and adventure for over 8,000 4-H'ers each summer.
- Project Achievement
- This core program showcases the work and success of 4-H'ers through presentations and portfolios on numerous topics. Members compete against their peers at the local, district and state levels in an effort to master their project.
- Become a Volunteer
- The Georgia 4-H Foundation relies heavily on the efforts of volunteers to help coordinate and organize yearly alumni & friends events. If you are interested in serving as a volunteer, read more about becoming a volunteer at the Georgia 4-H website.
- Environmental Education
- The Georgia 4-H Environmental Education Program is one of the nation’s largest and oldest providers of local environmental education, serving over 45,000 people annually. The research-based curriculum provides hands-on learning experiences aligned with Georgia Performance Standards.
- Project S.A.F.E.
- Project S.A.F.E. (Shooting Awareness, Fun and Education) is a curriculum based and designed to assist young people in personal development, establish a personal environmental ethic and explore life-long vocational and avocational activities.
- Livestock program
- The Georgia 4-H Livestock Program gives students the opportunity to practice and acquire new knowledge in the fields of animal science, business, time management and leadership.
- Clovers & Co.
- The premier performing arts group for Georgia 4-H has a 35 year old history of excellence representing 4-H, UGA, the College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences, and Cooperative Extension.
- Military programs
- UGA Extension Military Outreach builds partnerships and provides programs that help Georgia military families find positive ways to cope with the stress of military life.