Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
We are here to serve! Warren County Extension offers a variety of information and services for our county residents. Agents and trained support staff provide educational programs as well as a number of services. Our Agriculture and Natural Resources agent offers agricultural information along with homeowner information material to residents, as well as water and soil testing and access to UGA informative publications. Our 4-H agent creates and organizes youth educational programs including competitive events which will assist young people to develop citizenship, leadership, responsibility and life skills through experiential learning. We have access to Family and Consumer Science staff which offers programs to meet community needs. This is information you can trust for money, home, health, food and family interests.
- Sep 28-Sep 29
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (85.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Conyers, GA
- UGA Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association.This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and successful completion of the exam provides certification. We offer the course over 2 days (9am-3:30pm), which provides a night to study before the exam. The class fee of $140.00 and includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch each day is on your own. Call the Rockdale County Extension office by September 14th to register.
- Oct 1
- Farm & Family Day (65.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Jeffersonville, GA
- Get ready for FOOD, MUSIC, FUN, FARM TOURS, VENDORS, AND ACTIVITIES! Mark your calendars and get ready for a fun day! 8am to Noon (Farm Tours) 11am – 5pm (Farm & Family Day Fest) *To register for a farm tour please call the office to register and to receive more information on farm tour details.
- Oct 4
- Feeding Strategies for Limited Forage Conditions (34.0 miles)
- 11:00 AM | Greensboro, GA
- David Daniel, Greene County Agriculture Natural Resource Agent, will discuss army worm control options. Dr. Lawton Stewart, UGA Extension Specialist, will discuss rationing and feeding strategies during drought conditions. 1 hour of Private & Commercial Pesticide Credit available. Also, 1 hour of Beef Quality Assurance credit available.
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 9/2/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 9/19/2016
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
- Vegetable Garden Calendar (C 943)
- Published 5/25/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More