The Thomas County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil Testing
- Water Testing
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Cloverleaf Camp Flyer
- Commercial and Private Pesticide Credit
- Thomas County Ag Blog
Thomas County 4-H Hippology Team - Third Place Overall at State!
The Concrete Cowboys Project
4-H members in Thomas County recently had a chance to experience Generosity first hand through the “Concrete Cowboys” Project. Read the article for further information.
- Sep 13-Sep 14
- SW Area Forestry Contest (80.0 miles)
- Cuthbert, GA
- SW Area Forestry Contest
- Sep 17
- Bees, Butterflies and Beyond Symposium 2016: Pollinators and Plants (84.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Douglas, GA
- Area meeting about Pollinators and Plants. Co-sponsored by Douglas Garden Club, Green Thumb Garden Club , General Coffee State Park, Ga. Dept. of Natural Resources, Douglas-Coffee Chamber of Commerce, and UGA Extension
- Sep 17
- Kids Dig It (38.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Valdosta, GA
- Lowndes County 4-H invites you to the 8th annual Kids Dig It,in Valdosta,GA. This is an exciting family outing for kids of all ages. Your kids will enjoy sitting and riding in heavy construction equipment like excavators, front end loaders, bull dozers and much more under the supervision of trained technicians. Other exhibits will be on hand for demonstration as well as games, a visit from Bob the Builder, concessions and much more. Cost is $5.00 per person and all funds go to support Lowndes County 4-H.