The Telfair County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Water Testing
- Soil Testing
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Telfair County 4-H Summer Day Camps
- ServSafe Trainings
- Child Care Trainings
- Walk Georgia
Have questions or want to know more?
- Apr 26
- Egg Candling Class taught by Georgia Department of Agriculture (91.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Alamo, GA
- Telfair County Extension Office is sponsoring an egg candling class with the Georgia Department of Agriculture. This class is taught by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Cost is $15 including lunch. Egg Candling is a procedure to determine the quality of eggs for human consumption. Anyone selling eggs to individuals or at a farmers market must hold an Egg Candling Certificate. An Egg Candling Certificate is obtained by successfully completing this class, which includes a written examination and a hands-on candling examination. Additionally, you will need to bring a completed Georgia Department of Agriculture Affidavit form (available on the GA Dept. of Agriculture website or in the Telfair Co. Extension Office) plus a copy of your Georgia Driver's License with you to the class.
- May 2
- Child Passenger Safety Class
- 2:00 PM | McRae, GA
- Child Passenger Safety class taught by Laura Smith
- May 4
- Telfair County Forage Production Meeting
- 6:00 PM | McRae, GA
- Updates on numerous crop production issues including the management of diseases, insects and weeds. Advance registration is requested for meal planning.