Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 6/29/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 5/23/2016
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
Search other publications
- Vegetable Garden Calendar (C 943)
- Published 5/25/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More
- Sep 1
- Wildlife Program for Deer (81.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | West Point, GA
- Dr. Mark McConnell, UGA Wildlife Outreach Specialist, will teach participants the how, why, when and where of creating food plots for deer. Soil preparation and weed management will be covered as well as planting recommendations.
- Sep 13-Sep 14
- SW Area Forestry Contest (42.0 miles)
- Cuthbert, GA
- SW Area Forestry Contest
- Sep 17
- Bees, Butterflies and Beyond Symposium 2016: Pollinators and Plants (81.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Douglas, GA
- Area meeting about Pollinators and Plants. Co-sponsored by Douglas Garden Club, Green Thumb Garden Club , General Coffee State Park, Ga. Dept. of Natural Resources, Douglas-Coffee Chamber of Commerce, and UGA Extension