Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
What's happening in Mitchell County?
Browse our website to learn more about the programs offered by UGA Cooperative Extension in our community!
Mitchell County Ag News
- Peanut Fungicide Programs
- Posted by ashirley on Jun 17, 2016
- After the rain we have had now is the time to start spraying our peanuts with fungicides. We need to pick a fungicide program based on Peanut Rx that best fits our fields. Below is a link to all of the spray programs from different companies. Also I posted some comments from Dr. Bob Kemerait on peanuts diseases! Peanut Rx and Various Fungicide Programs
- Read More
- Feb 28-Mar 1
- SW 4-H Update-All Staff (44.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- SW 4-H Update-All Staff
- Mar 21
- SMALL RUMINANT MEETING WITH DR. NIKI WHITLEY, UGA & FVSU SPECIALIST (57.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Manchester, GA
- This meeting will be an informal one giving producers the opportunity to ask Dr. Whitley about any concerns that they have regarding management on their farms. Topics already presented that will be discussed are CDT vaccinations, prevention of Coccidiosis and mineral supplementation, especially copper, for parasite management.
- Apr 4-Apr 5
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (69.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Lakeland, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.