Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
What's happening in Mitchell County?
Browse our website to learn more about the programs offered by UGA Cooperative Extension in our community!
Mitchell County Ag News
- Peanut Fungicide Programs
- Posted by ashirley on Jun 17, 2016
- After the rain we have had now is the time to start spraying our peanuts with fungicides. We need to pick a fungicide program based on Peanut Rx that best fits our fields. Below is a link to all of the spray programs from different companies. Also I posted some comments from Dr. Bob Kemerait on peanuts diseases! Peanut Rx and Various Fungicide Programs
- Read More
- Nov 1-Nov 2
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Tifton (51.0 miles)
- Tifton - UGA Conference Center
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Tifton
- Nov 3-Nov 4
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Perry (90.0 miles)
- Georgia Agricenter Perry
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Perry
- Nov 7-Nov 8
- ServSafe Restaurant Manager Food Safety Certification (26.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- You can improve your food safety and sanitation skills through a nationally recognized food safety sanitation course. The class is 16 hours by a Certified ServSafe Trainer of UGA Family and Consumer Sciences, Suzanne Williams. This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and is certified through the National Restaurant Association and includes the course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instruction, and refreshments. Successful completion of the exam provides certification. The class fee of $140.00 includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch is on your own.