Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
What's happening in Mitchell County?
Browse our website to learn more about the programs offered by UGA Cooperative Extension in our community!
Mitchell County Ag News
- Peanut Fungicide Programs
- Posted by ashirley on Jun 17, 2016
- After the rain we have had now is the time to start spraying our peanuts with fungicides. We need to pick a fungicide program based on Peanut Rx that best fits our fields. Below is a link to all of the spray programs from different companies. Also I posted some comments from Dr. Bob Kemerait on peanuts diseases! Peanut Rx and Various Fungicide Programs
- Read More
- Apr 26-Apr 27
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (34.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Moultrie, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Event Website: http://extension.uga.edu/calendar/?containstext=servsafe
- May 1-May 2
- Georgia 4-H Area Poultry Judging Contest (51.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- Georgia 4-H State Poultry Judging Contest
- May 2-May 11
- Houston Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program Small Fruit and Vegetable Production Classes (90.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Perry, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Program offers comprehensive training for beginning farmers. The program involves three steps: AgAware or Small Farm Business Training, Small Fruit and Vegetable Production or Small Ruminant Production, and Hands-On internship/mentorship. This is the second part of the training offered in Houston County and is open to all. Those who wish to apply for the Hands-On component must complete steps 1 and 2. The classes will be held in the Houston County Extension office on May 2, 4, 9, 11 from 9am-3pm each day.