The Long County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular programs include:
Still have questions?
- Aug 30
- Child Care Training - Evening Class - 2016 - Infectious Diseases (88.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Dublin, GA
- This training will include 2 hours of state-accepted training for childcare providers and will be limited to the first 10 people who sign up. If you are late or miss part of the class, you will NOT receive credit for the class. This training will be on Infectious Diseases.
- Sep 6
- Liberty County Forestry Judging Team (10.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Hinesville, GA
- Forestry Judging is a great way for you to learn about a leading industry in Georgia – forestry! During the practices, youth will learn to identify trees, insects, and diseases, use a compass, and estimate timber volume. Wear comfy outdoor clothes and tennis shoes, and don't forget to bring plenty of water to drink! Please note that Liberty County 4-H Forestry Judging is open to youth in grades 9-12 for the 2016-17 school year.
- Sep 6
- Grass Master Forage Program part 1 (44.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization,hay production and NRCS programs. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive certification of completion. Registration is required. Spaces are limited. Pesticide Certification credit hour will be offered in Private, Cat 21 and Cat. 22 Part 1, Sept. 6; Part 2, Sept 13; Part 3, Sept. 20; part 4, Sept.27; part 5, Oct. 4; part 6, Oct. 11, part 7, Oct. 18.