The Long County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular programs include:
Still have questions?
- Sep 19 - Sep 26
- Steps on The Path to Home Ownership (34.0 miles)
- 5:00 PM | Savannah, GA
- You will be introduced to the six principles to help turn a dream of home ownership into a reality. Setting goals, evaluating credit reports, developing a budget, determining your saving habits, exploring options and shopping for a home will be discussed during this free program. Participants are required to attend session I & session II to receive the Homebuyer Education Certificate.
- Sep 23 - Sep 24
- Hall County Master Gardener Association Fall Expo (211.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Gainesville, GA
- The Fall Garden Expo is an annual event sponsored by the Hall County Master Gardener Extension Volunteer Program and Hall County Cooperative Extension. Dozens of vendors will be on hand selling everything from native plants, garden art, and gardening tools and gadgets to make gardening easier. In addition, door prizes are given out throughout the Expo and there will be an educational forum. There is an $2.00 admission per adult, free parking, food available, and an ATM will be on site. The Expo is covered from the weather so it will occur rain or shine. Please NO PETS. For more information, go to hallmastergardeners.com or call 770-535-8293.
- Sep 27
- Grass Master Forage Program- Part 4 Hay Production (44.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization and hay production. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive a certificate of completion. This event is being offered to your by the UGA Forage Team Registration is required. This program begins September 6, 2016 and will meet September 6, 13, 20, 27 and October 6 and 13, 2016