The mission of UGA Extension is to extend lifelong learning to the people of Georgia through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
- Apr 25-Apr 27
- Meat & Poultry HACCP Certification Short Course 2017 (22.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Athens, GA
- This program has been designed to meet the USDA's training requirements and is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance, whose goal is to provide standardized training for the meat and poultry industries in HACCP principles. The course curriculum was developed by the American Meat Science Association to help processors understand, develop and apply Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point principles in their production operations. The program meets from 8:00 to 5:00 daily and combines a unique level of lectures and work group discussions from a broad based faculty of meat and poultry scientists, HACCP experts and authorities from academia, industry and government. The work group sessions will include interaction with industry peers who have successfully developed and implemented HACCP programs in their own plants. Who Should Attend? Plant managers, quality assurance personnel, and any others with food safety or USDA-required HACCP responsibility should attend this workshop.
- Apr 25
- Journey Farmer Certificate seven week Training Program (32.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Greensboro, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program is a comprehensive seven week training program for beginning and small farmers provided by UGA Cooperative Extension. This program is the second in the series and will address small fruit and vegetable production. See attached flyer. Small Fruit & Vegetable Production is a seven week training developed in partnership with Georgia Organics and the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association. Topics include: Soil health and fertility, soil amendments and fertilizers, cover crops, crop rotations, pest management, crop selection, crop propagation, equipment, post-harvest handling, food safety, and marketing. Participants are eligible to attend the training if they have completed AG Aware Small Farm Business Planning Training and must be registered by April 18.
- Apr 26
- Termite and Mosquito Control (76.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Atlanta, GA
- Learn about Termite and Mosquito Control. Dr. Dan Suiter and Dr. Elmer Grey will answer your questions. This program is for commercial pesticide license holders and industry representatives. Pesticide recertification credits will be offered