The mission of UGA Extension is to extend lifelong learning to the people of Georgia through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
Franklin County Extension Blog
- Happy Home Flavoring Fundraiser
- Posted by on Jan 31, 2017
- Franklin County 4-H is now selling Happy Home Flavorings at the Extension Office. Cost is $4.oo per bottle and proceeds benefit Franklin County 4-H.Happy Home Flavoring Flyer
- Read More
- Franklin County Extension invites you to join Walk Georgia
- Posted by on Jan 17, 2017
- Walk Georgia is a free, online program designed to combat obesity by increasing physical activity in a fun, community-oriented way. The goals of Walk Georgia are to help participants: Develop lifelong habits of regular physical activity Get healthier and more physically fit Have fun while strengthening community ties Walk Georgia...
- Read More
- Feeding Cattle A Little Different This Year
- Posted by on Nov 2, 2016
- November is here and Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Christmas time is coming but to look outside it is very different than it has been in my lifetime. The drought has affected us all and some of the long term forecasts indicate that it will not be over...
- Read More
- Mar 25-Mar 31
- National 4-H Conference
- Washington, DC
- Connecting • Learning • Engaging • Leading • Impacting National 4-H Conference is the premier 4-H civic engagement national opportunity for youth. National 4-H Conference is the annual premiere national civic engagement opportunity for 4-H members across the country. Delegates will not only learn while at the conference. Delegates have the opportunity to practice and apply in a real world setting their newly developed and refined skills. Land Grant University 4-H Departments send a delegation size of their choice to participate in the conference. The selection and registration process is up to each Land Grant University 4-H Department. Youth delegates must be between ages 15 (by January 1 of the conference year) and 19 years old. The delegates choose an important societal topic and in round table groups prepare a briefing. During the conference, the groups present their briefing to federal officials around the Washington, D.C. area.
- Mar 27-Mar 28
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (85.0 miles)
- 10:30 AM | Waynesboro, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.
- Mar 27
- Reading, Books for Learning and Vocabulary (29.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Watkinsville, GA
- This training provides information on reading, books for learning and building vocabulary. Participants will be provided with strategies for reading to children in an early childhood classroom. Information on Dialogic Reading will be given. Ideas will be shared on using books for learning and ways to build young children's vocabulary.