Family & Consumer Sciences
We do not have a Family and Consumer Sciences Agent in our office. For more information on FACS programs and publications please call (706) 632-3061 or visit the Family and Consumer Sciences website.
Radon Test Kits
Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the USA, after tobacco smoke. Radon is an odorless, invisible, and tasteless gas released by the natural decay of uranium in our soils and rocks that easily enters our home through the foundations and well water. Test your home today! You can prevent and reduce entry of radon into your home!
So Easy to Preserve
The University of Georgia Cooperative Extension is pleased to offer a new edition of its popular book, So Easy To Preserve. This beautiful book contains the latest U.S. Department of Agriculture recommendations for safe food preservation.
Here are some of UGA Extension's most popular resources on family, food, health, home, and money.
- Walk Georgia
- A web-based fitness program dedicated to helping you track your activity, eat healthier, and exercise more efficiently. Participate individually or with a group.
- Start a New Food Business
- A collection of resources to help you get started with your small food business.
- So Easy To Preserve
- This book covers topics on preserving food, canning, pickled products, sweet spreads and syrups, freezing and drying. Available for purchase only.
- Food Talk
- Eat healthy and get moving on a budget. Find free online nutrition education courses, recipes, and other resources.
- ServSafe Training & Certification
- UGA Extension teaches ServSafe® workshops in various locations throughout the state.
- Radon Education
- Radon is a colorless, tasteless and odorless gas that can cause lung cancer. It occurs naturally and is released into the soil, easily entering buildings through the foundation. The only way to know if you have radon is to test.
- Building Baby’s Brain Series
- What happens during a child's first few years makes a big difference in the child's later life. This series helps parents learn strategies to improve early brain development.
- Child Care Provider Training
- Entity-approved training to help child care providers meet state licensing requirements. Check the calendar for training events near you.
- Marriage Matters Series
- Looking for ways to strengthen your relationship? Whether you just started dating, have been married for a while, or have been married more than once, we can always use some guidance in developing and maintaining a healthy and satisfying relationship.
- Eat Healthy, Be Active
- A flexible 3-week schedule of hands-on activities meant to improve young children's health and well-being by teaching key nutrition and physical activity concepts.
- Your Good Credit Series
- Establishing, maintaining, and protecting Your Good Credit can save you thousands of dollars over time. This series will teach you the basics of credit reports and scores.