Welcome to Crisp County Extension. We take pride in helping you with all your needs. Our mission here is to extend lifelong learning to Crisp County citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
- Aug 30
- Tending Your Landscape in the Fall (35.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Perry, GA
- UGA Extension Houston County will begin its Fall Gardening with the Masters series with an evening class, “Tending your Landscape in the Fall,” on Tuesday, August 30. Featuring a panel of a dozen Master Gardeners, the class will focus on rescuing and renewing your landscape during the fall and winter months. Attendees will participate in discussions that may change their approach to lawn care, pruning, frost protection, caring for bird friends, planting, and much more. This will be an interactive class that encourages new practices in the home landscape. Classes will be held in the Extension Office Multipurpose Room from 6-8 PM. Cost of the class is $10 per person. Registration forms are available at the Houston Extension Office at 801 Main Street, Perry, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To register with a credit card, call 478-987-2028. Deadline is Wednesday, August 24.
- Sep 13-Sep 14
- SW Area Forestry Contest (60.0 miles)
- Cuthbert, GA
- SW Area Forestry Contest
- Sep 17
- Bees, Butterflies and Beyond Symposium 2016: Pollinators and Plants (61.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Douglas, GA
- Area meeting about Pollinators and Plants. Co-sponsored by Douglas Garden Club, Green Thumb Garden Club , General Coffee State Park, Ga. Dept. of Natural Resources, Douglas-Coffee Chamber of Commerce, and UGA Extension