The Burke County Cooperative Exension office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
If you have questions or want to know more:
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 9/2/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 9/19/2016
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
Search other publications
- Vegetable Garden Calendar (C 943)
- Published 5/25/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More
- Oct 27-Dec 3
- Small Ruminant Production Training (31.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Sylvania, GA
- The Small Ruminant Production Training provides an in-depth instruction on sheep and goat farming, from selecting breeds to marketing your product. The schedule includes five evening sessesions and a hands-on Saturday training.
- Nov 2-Nov 3
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Lyons (67.0 miles)
- Toombs County Agricenter
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Lyons
- Nov 7
- Child Passenger Safety - Spanish Language
- 1:00 PM | Waynesboro, GA
- This class provides instruction on the importance and proper use of car seats and safety belts for children when riding in vehicles. The class is open to all parents regardless of financial status or residency. However, qualified participants (Burke County resident who is WIC, PeachCare, or Medicaid eligible) will receive a free car seat or booster seat that meets the needs of their child. Please note that there is a two seat per family limit. This class will be taught in Spanish. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!