The Burke County Cooperative Exension office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
If you have questions or want to know more:
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 11/7/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 9/19/2016
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
Search other publications
- Vegetable Garden Calendar (C 943)
- Published 5/25/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More
- Dec 10
- 4-H Pembroke Christmas Parade (65.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Pembroke, GA
- The 33rd Annual 4-H Christmas in Pembroke Parade
- Dec 16
- Child Passenger Safety
- 10:00 AM | Waynesboro, GA
- This class provides instruction on the importance and proper use of car seats and safety belts for children when riding in vehicles. The class is open to all parents regardless of financial status or residency. However, qualified participants (Burke County resident who is WIC, PeachCare, or Medicaid eligible) will receive a free car seat or booster seat that meets the needs of their child. Please note that there is a two seat per family limit. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
- Dec 17
- Yoga for Kids (18.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Augusta, GA
- Yoga for Kids (and their parents) Come join us every 3rd Saturday of the month starting at 9 AM, at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park (near the educational buildings) for a low pressure, fun, and relaxing yoga class for youth and their parents, of all experience levels. Some of the benefits of yoga include:Improved Concentration and Focus * Increased Self Esteem * Improved Listening Skills * Improved Overall Health * Improved Stress Levels * Improved Behavior Our Certified Instructors will be teaching the class which will include stretching, concentration exercises, and yoga poses related to the HEAD, HEART, HEALTH, and HANDS. Be sure to dress comfortably and bring a yoga mat or towel.No Registration, and the class is FREE! Door Prizes for participants! So what are you waiting for? For more info call 706-821-2349