- Apr 26-Apr 27
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (31.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Moultrie, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Event Website: http://extension.uga.edu/calendar/?containstext=servsafe
- Apr 26
- Egg Candling Class taught by Georgia Department of Agriculture (66.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Alamo, GA
- Telfair County Extension Office is sponsoring an egg candling class with the Georgia Department of Agriculture. This class is taught by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Cost is $15 including lunch. Egg Candling is a procedure to determine the quality of eggs for human consumption. Anyone selling eggs to individuals or at a farmers market must hold an Egg Candling Certificate. An Egg Candling Certificate is obtained by successfully completing this class, which includes a written examination and a hands-on candling examination. Additionally, you will need to bring a completed Georgia Department of Agriculture Affidavit form (available on the GA Dept. of Agriculture website or in the Telfair Co. Extension Office) plus a copy of your Georgia Driver's License with you to the class.
- May 1-May 2
- Georgia 4-H Area Poultry Judging Contest (21.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- Georgia 4-H State Poultry Judging Contest
Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
What is UGA Extension?
A partnership of the University of Georgia, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and counties of the state cooperating. UGA Extension is on the forefront of food safety, technology, research, and education; keeping Georgia's economy stong and making life better for Georgians. About UGA Extension
Berrien County Annual Report