The Ben Hill County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our services include:
- Soil Tests & Water Tests
- Researched-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- 4-H Competitive Events
Have questions or want to know more?
- Mar 25-Mar 26
- SW District Project Achievement for 4th-6th Graders (58.0 miles)
- Kathleen, GA
- 4-H Members in 4th-6th grades will compete for honors in their project area of interest. Youth sign up at their County Extension 4-H Office in early fall to develop his/her project and prepare for the competition. There are over 50 projects to choose from. Youth learn powerful research, writing and oral presentation skills. Youth may also choose to compete in a performing arts project (singing, dancing) or demonstrate culinary skills in a foods lab project.
- Mar 27
- Organic Vegetable Gardening (22.0 miles)
- 5:00 PM | Jeffersonville, GA
- This class will cover organic practices for growing vegetables in your home garden. Participants will also be able to visit a local organic vegetable farm, Rag & Frass, for a tour of their organic vegetables and their farm stand showcasing their fresh produce!
- Apr 4-Apr 5
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (48.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Lakeland, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.