The Ben Hill County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our services include:
- Soil Tests & Water Tests
- Researched-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- 4-H Competitive Events
Have questions or want to know more?
- Apr 4-Apr 5
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (48.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Lakeland, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.
- Apr 5-Apr 6
- ServSafe® Manager Training (22.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Macon, GA
- Are You… • A Person in Charge? Responsible for demonstrating knowledge of food-borne disease prevention and other requirements of the Food Code? • A School Nutrition Program Director or Manager? • A Food Service Manager? • A Manager in Training? You have an opportunity to improve your food safety and sanitation skills through a nationally recognized food safety sanitation course: SERVSAFE®: Serving Safe Food. The ServSafe Managers Training is a food safety training program approved by DHR and includes: • 1.5 days of instruction • Certificate from NRAEF issued upon successful completion of the examination • New 6th Edition Manager book Instruction: 12 Hours by Certified ServSafe Trainers of The University of Georgia, Cooperative Extension Office
- Apr 11
- Aquaponics/Hydroponics/Bioponics Program (57.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- HYDROPONICS / AQUAPONICS / BIOPONICS Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:00 am – 12:00 pm 125 Pine Avenue in Downtown Albany Cost is $5.00 per person Pre-registration is required by Friday, April 1, 2017 Come join us to learn more about Gardening with Fish System Building Water Quality Nutrients Plant Production Floating Raft Aquaponics Our speakers will be: Dr. Gary Burtle, UGA, Associate Professor Animal & Dairy Science Donald Bacoat, FVSU, Aquaculture Carpenter/Production Assistant