The Ben Hill County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our services include:
- Soil Tests & Water Tests
- Researched-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- 4-H Competitive Events
Have questions or want to know more?
- Oct 1
- Farm & Family Day (65.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Jeffersonville, GA
- Get ready for FOOD, MUSIC, FUN, FARM TOURS, VENDORS, AND ACTIVITIES! Mark your calendars and get ready for a fun day! 8am to Noon (Farm Tours) 11am – 5pm (Farm & Family Day Fest) *To register for a farm tour please call the office to register and to receive more information on farm tour details.
- Oct 4-Oct 5
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (48.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Lakeland, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.
- Oct 6
- Home Food Preservation (79.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Tennille, GA
- Join us for a hands-on food preservation experience! Participants will learn the basics of preserving jellied products and make a batch of apple jelly.