The Ben Hill County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our services include:
- Soil Tests & Water Tests
- Researched-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- 4-H Competitive Events
Have questions or want to know more?
- May 24-May 25
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (29.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Tifton, GA
- UGA Tift County Extension provides the Nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. The training is from 8:30am - 5:00pm, both days. $140.00
- May 25
- Lowndes County AgAware Training for Journeyman Farmer Program (69.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Valdosta, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Program offers comprehensive training for beginning farmers. The program involves three steps: AgAware or Small Farm Business Training, Small Fruit and Vegetable Production or Small Ruminant Production, and Hands-On internship/mentorship. This is the first part of the training offered in Lowndes County and is open to all. Those who wish to apply for the Hands-On component must complete steps 1 and 2. The classes will be held in the Lowndes County Extension office on May 25 from 9-4pm.
- May 31
- Well.... What Do You Know? A Well & Drinking Water Workshop (88.0 miles)
- 2:00 PM | Forsyth, GA
- This workshop will assist clients that have a well as their source of water for the home. Dr. Uttam Saha, UGA Extension Water Quality Specialist, will join Monroe County Extension in presenting this well water workshop to introduce protecting your well and drinking water. Topics to be discussed are: understanding the basics of the well, how to protect the well from contamination, uranium in well water, radon in air and in well water, and how to test your well water. This workshop is important for clients that have wells to understand well water safety is up to the client. Come join us to understand this important topic.