4-H Youth Development
Below are some of the 4-H's most broadly useful resources from the Georgia 4-H website. Please contact us for more information about participating in any of these programs through this county office.
- Summer Camp
- County offices promote and coordinate 4-H summer camp experiences unlike any other in the country. Counties travel to unique 4-H centers across the state offering fun, friendship and adventure for over 8,000 4-H'ers each summer.
- Project Achievement
- This core program showcases the work and success of 4-H'ers through presentations and portfolios on numerous topics. Members compete against their peers at the local, district and state levels in an effort to master their project.
- Become a Volunteer
- The Georgia 4-H Foundation relies heavily on the efforts of volunteers to help coordinate and organize yearly alumni & friends events. If you are interested in serving as a volunteer, read more about becoming a volunteer at the Georgia 4-H website.
- Environmental Education
- The Georgia 4-H Environmental Education Program is one of the nation’s largest and oldest providers of local environmental education, serving over 45,000 people annually. The research-based curriculum provides hands-on learning experiences aligned with Georgia Performance Standards.
- Project S.A.F.E.
- Project S.A.F.E. (Shooting Awareness, Fun and Education) is a curriculum based and designed to assist young people in personal development, establish a personal environmental ethic and explore life-long vocational and avocational activities.
- Livestock program
- The Georgia 4-H Livestock Program gives students the opportunity to practice and acquire new knowledge in the fields of animal science, business, time management and leadership.
- Clovers & Co.
- The premier performing arts group for Georgia 4-H has a 35 year old history of excellence representing 4-H, UGA, the College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences, and Cooperative Extension.
- Military programs
- UGA Extension Military Outreach builds partnerships and provides programs that help Georgia military families find positive ways to cope with the stress of military life.