Union County Extension
UGA Cooperative Extension is a statewide educational organization funded by federal, state and local governments that brings research-based education directly to individuals, families and communities.
UGA Extension is dedicated to helping people find answers to questions related to agriculture and the environment, families & 4-H Youth Development.
- Apr 8-Apr 9
- Ask an Expert - Chieftains Museum Annual Plant Sale (82.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Rome, GA
- The Georgia Master Gardener Extension Volunteers of Floyd County will be staffing the Ask an Expert booth during the 2017 Chieftains Museum Plant Sale.
- Apr 10
- Childcare Provider Training: There's No Excuse for Child Abuse (80.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Crawford, GA
- There's No Excuse for Child Abuse is a 2-hour child care lesson plan on recognizing, reporting, and preventing child abuse and neglect. This lesson is part of the Basic Core Skills for Child Care series that meets first-year training requirements for Georgia child care providers.
- Apr 12
- Free Monthly Gardening Class “Basics of Vegetable Gardening” (71.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Athens, GA
- Please join Athens-Clarke County Extension for an informative class on vegetable gardening including information on the choosing a garden site, seeds vs. seedlings, fertilizer, watering and sun needs, weed prevention and harvesting. Gardeners of all experience levels are welcome. Please register by Tuesday, April 11 by emailing email@example.com or calling (706) 613-3640.