Union County Extension
UGA Cooperative Extension is a statewide educational organization funded by federal, state and local governments that brings research-based education directly to individuals, families and communities.
UGA Extension is dedicated to helping people find answers to questions related to agriculture and the environment, families & 4-H Youth Development.
- Sep 27
- Backyard Flock Managment Course (19.0 miles)
- 5:30 PM | Dahlonega, GA
- Are you interested in having a backyard flock of chickens? Do you already have a small flock, but would like to increase your knowledge? Come take this free class, hosted by the UGA Extension Offices in Lumpkin and White Counties on Backyard Flock Management. Topics will include: breed selection, housing options, foundations of flock management, nutrition and more. Call 706-864-2275 today to reserve your space!
- Sep 28-Sep 29
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (86.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Conyers, GA
- UGA Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association.This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and successful completion of the exam provides certification. We offer the course over 2 days (9am-3:30pm), which provides a night to study before the exam. The class fee of $140.00 and includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch each day is on your own. Call the Rockdale County Extension office by September 14th to register.
- Sep 29
- Food Talk Class (33.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Ellijay, GA
- The Food Talk class is actually taught in six sessions. Learn how to cook healthy on a budget, the importance of fruits and vegetables, and about preventing foodborne illness. A healthy recipe will be prepared for tasting and a gift will be given away at each class. Contact Becca Pritchett for more information and to pre-register for classes/sessions.