Union County Extension
UGA Cooperative Extension is a statewide educational organization funded by federal, state and local governments that brings research-based education directly to individuals, families and communities.
UGA Extension is dedicated to helping people find answers to questions related to agriculture and the environment, families & 4-H Youth Development.
- Feb 22-Feb 23
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (86.0 miles)
- 8:45 AM | Conyers, GA
- UGA Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association.This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and successful completion of the exam provides certification. We offer the course over 2 days (9am-3:30pm), which provides a night to study before the exam. The class fee of $140.00 and includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch each day is on your own. Call the Rockdale County Extension office by February 1st to register.
- Feb 23
- 2017 Northwest Georgia Green Industry & Gardening Symposium (64.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Acworth, GA
- This program is intended for horticulture industry professionals as well as advanced home gardeners. Fee includes networking lunch with local vendors on display. • 3 Hours Pesticide Recertification Credit for Category 24 Ornamental & Turf • 2 Hours Pesticide Recertification Credit for Category 31, Public Health • 1 Hour Pesticide Recertification Credit for Private Applicators and Category 23, Forestry. • 5 CEUs for ISA Arborist (A) and Municipal (M)
- Feb 23
- UGA GrassMasters - Session 7 (71.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Athens, GA
- UGA GrassMasters is a 7-week educational series on forage production. Session 7 is on improving soil health and NRCS programs.