Union County Extension
UGA Cooperative Extension is a statewide educational organization funded by federal, state and local governments that brings research-based education directly to individuals, families and communities.
UGA Extension is dedicated to helping people find answers to questions related to agriculture and the environment, families & 4-H Youth Development.
- Jun 2-Jun 3
- Gwinnett Journeyman Farmer Small Farm Business Training (62.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Lawrenceville, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Program offers comprehensive training for beginning farmers. The program involves three steps: Small Farm Business Training or AgAware, Small Fruit and Vegetable Production or Small Ruminant Production, and Hands-On internship/mentorship. This is the first step of the training offered in Gwinnett County and is open to all. Those who wish to apply for the Hands-On component must complete steps 1 and 2. The classes will be held in the Gwinnett County Extension office from 8am-1pm on June 2 and 3. Sign up by May 26th to guarantee your spot.
- Jun 7
- Nutrition Class (33.0 miles)
- 9:30 AM | Ellijay, GA
- Learn how to eat healthy without spending a lot of money, the value of having a grocery list, what it means to eat healthy foods, and portion control to prevent weight gain.
- Jun 7
- Money/Budget Class (33.0 miles)
- 1:30 PM | Ellijay, GA
- Learn how to stretch your food dollars, the importance of paying bills on time, and how to keep track of your spending.