The Towns County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
Have questions or want to know more?
- Dec 7
- North Georgia Vineyard Update (29.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Dahlonega, GA
- One day workshop. Participants will learn about a broad range of horticultural topics relating to wine grape vine management such as, new vine care, canopy management, pruning practices, and vine balance. Featured speakers are David Lockwood from UT, Joseph Geller from Surry Community College, Tony Wolf from NCSU, and Dr. Terry Bates from Cornel University.
- Dec 8-Dec 9
- NE 4-H update
- Update for Northeast 4-H Agents, Associates, and Program Assistants.
- Dec 8
- Food Talk Class (49.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Ellijay, GA
- The Food Talk class is actually taught in six sessions. Learn how to cook healthy on a budget, the importance of fruits and vegetables, and about preventing foodborne illness. A healthy recipe will be prepared for tasting and a gift will be given away at each class. Contact Becca Pritchett for more information and to pre-register for classes/sessions.