The Towns County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
Have questions or want to know more?
- Jan 10-Feb 28
- Journeyman Farmer Training-Small Ruminant Production (151.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Carrollton, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program is a comprehensive training program for beginning and small farmers provided by UGA Cooperative Extension. This program is the second in the series and will address: Part 2- Small Ruminants Production Course ***Parts one through three must be completed in order and all parts of the program must be completed to obtain certification. Small Ruminant Production is a six week training developed by Fort Valley State University in partnership with UGA Extension. Topics include: goat and sheep breeds and selection, nutrition and body scoring, pasture management, predator control, health and diseases, reproduction and kidding/lambing, integrated parasite management, as well as meats and marketing. The training includes a session with live animals to practice body condition scoring, hoof trimming and checking for internal parasites.
- Feb 22-Feb 27
- Georgia Junior National Livestock Show (170.0 miles)
- Georgia Junior National Livestock Show
- Feb 23
- 2017 Northwest Georgia Green Industry & Gardening Symposium (77.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Acworth, GA
- This program is intended for horticulture industry professionals as well as advanced home gardeners. Fee includes networking lunch with local vendors on display. • 3 Hours Pesticide Recertification Credit for Category 24 Ornamental & Turf • 2 Hours Pesticide Recertification Credit for Category 31, Public Health • 1 Hour Pesticide Recertification Credit for Private Applicators and Category 23, Forestry. • 5 CEUs for ISA Arborist (A) and Municipal (M)