The Towns County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
Have questions or want to know more?
- Oct 3
- Put it Up! Food Preservation (55.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Cumming, GA
- Food Preservation Series - Boiling Water Canning - Class #1 An introduction to food preservation and learn how to can crushed tomatoes using the boiling water method. Put it Up is a series of hands on lessons that allow participants to explore and understand the science of safe food preservation.
- Oct 4
- Food Talk Class (49.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Ellijay, GA
- The Food Talk class is actually taught in six sessions. Learn how to cook healthy on a budget, the importance of fruits and vegetables, and about preventing foodborne illness. A healthy recipe will be prepared for tasting and a gift will be given away at each class. Contact Becca Pritchett for more information and to pre-register for classes/sessions.
- Oct 4
- Grass Master Forage Program- Part 5 Understanding Forage Quality (242.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization and hay production. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive a certificate of completion. Registration is required. You will receive One hour pesticide recertification credit. This program begins September 6, 2016 and will meet September 6, 13, 20, 27 and October 6, 13,and 18th, 2016