The Towns County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
Have questions or want to know more?
- Aug 30
- Food Talk Class (49.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Ellijay, GA
- The Food Talk class is actually taught in six sessions. Learn how to cook healthy on a budget, the importance of fruits and vegetables, and about preventing foodborne illness. A healthy recipe will be prepared for tasting and a gift will be given away at each class. Contact Becca Pritchett for more information and to pre-register for classes/sessions.
- Aug 30
- Child Care Training - Evening Class - 2016 - Infectious Diseases (172.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Dublin, GA
- This training will include 2 hours of state-accepted training for childcare providers and will be limited to the first 10 people who sign up. If you are late or miss part of the class, you will NOT receive credit for the class. This training will be on Infectious Diseases.
- Aug 31-Sep 1
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (82.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Cartersville, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.