The Towns County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
Have questions or want to know more?
- Apr 25-Apr 27
- Meat & Poultry HACCP Certification Short Course 2017 (67.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Athens, GA
- This program has been designed to meet the USDA's training requirements and is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance, whose goal is to provide standardized training for the meat and poultry industries in HACCP principles. The course curriculum was developed by the American Meat Science Association to help processors understand, develop and apply Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point principles in their production operations. The program meets from 8:00 to 5:00 daily and combines a unique level of lectures and work group discussions from a broad based faculty of meat and poultry scientists, HACCP experts and authorities from academia, industry and government. The work group sessions will include interaction with industry peers who have successfully developed and implemented HACCP programs in their own plants. Who Should Attend? Plant managers, quality assurance personnel, and any others with food safety or USDA-required HACCP responsibility should attend this workshop.
- Apr 26
- Termite and Mosquito Control (73.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Atlanta, GA
- Learn about Termite and Mosquito Control. Dr. Dan Suiter and Dr. Elmer Grey will answer your questions. This program is for commercial pesticide license holders and industry representatives. Pesticide recertification credits will be offered
- Apr 26
- Money/Budget Class (49.0 miles)
- 1:30 PM | Ellijay, GA
- Learn how to stretch your food dollars, the importance of paying bills on time, and how to keep track of your spending.