UGA Extension Toombs County offers educational programs in the areas of horticulture and agriculture, food safety and nutrition, and leadership and citizenship for youth.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Toombs County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Backed up by specialists and a network of resources, Extension Agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
- Oct 21-Oct 24
- Weekend in the Classic City (138.0 miles)
- Athens, GA
- Georgia 4-H Weekend in the Classic City is a 4-H Event hosted by the State of Georgia Collegiate 4-H Clubs in Athens, Georgia. All high school 4-H'ers in 9th through 12th grades are welcome to attend this event. Weekend in the Classic City helps high school 4-H'ers prepare for the challenges of transitioning from high school to college and prepares them to do this successfully. Students will hear from UGA Admissions, UGA Office of Student Financial Aid, and the CAES Ambassadors. Students will take a tour of historic North Campus, eat lunch with group leaders in downtown Athens, visit the UGA Bookstore, eat in a UGA Dining Hall, and visit a UGA residence Hall. Representatives from colleges and universities throughout Georgia will spend time talking with delegates about opportunities at their colleges as well.
- Oct 22-Oct 23
- National Youth Science Experiment (90.0 miles)
- 2:00 PM | Augusta, GA
- Drone Discovery! "Think like an engineer as you design, build and test drones."
- Oct 25
- Georgia Pesticide License Review in Cobb County (178.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Marietta, GA
- A Review of the Pesticide Application General Standards and Ornamental and Turf category 24.