UGA Extension Toombs County offers educational programs in the areas of horticulture and agriculture, food safety and nutrition, and leadership and citizenship for youth.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Toombs County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Backed up by specialists and a network of resources, Extension Agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
- Apr 26
- Egg Candling Class taught by Georgia Department of Agriculture (30.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Alamo, GA
- Telfair County Extension Office is sponsoring an egg candling class with the Georgia Department of Agriculture. This class is taught by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Cost is $15 including lunch. Egg Candling is a procedure to determine the quality of eggs for human consumption. Anyone selling eggs to individuals or at a farmers market must hold an Egg Candling Certificate. An Egg Candling Certificate is obtained by successfully completing this class, which includes a written examination and a hands-on candling examination. Additionally, you will need to bring a completed Georgia Department of Agriculture Affidavit form (available on the GA Dept. of Agriculture website or in the Telfair Co. Extension Office) plus a copy of your Georgia Driver's License with you to the class.
- Apr 28-May 1
- TCW- State Archery, Rifle and Pistol Match (101.0 miles)
- Eatonton, GA
- TCW- State Archery, Rifle and Pistol Match
- Apr 28
- Cobb County Green Industry Update with MNI Direct (178.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Marietta, GA
- Come and learn about new plant material available in the market, disease management, Boxwood alternatives, soil fertility, disease prevention etc . There will be pesticide license CEUs for category 24 and Private Applicators.