UGA Extension Toombs County offers educational programs in the areas of horticulture and agriculture, food safety and nutrition, and leadership and citizenship for youth.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Toombs County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Backed up by specialists and a network of resources, Extension Agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
- Aug 27-Aug 28
- State Land Judging Contest (89.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- State Land Judging Contest
- Aug 30
- Child Care Training - Evening Class - 2016 - Infectious Diseases (43.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Dublin, GA
- This training will include 2 hours of state-accepted training for childcare providers and will be limited to the first 10 people who sign up. If you are late or miss part of the class, you will NOT receive credit for the class. This training will be on Infectious Diseases.
- Aug 31
- Becoming Independently Healthy (119.0 miles)
- 9:30 AM | Madison, GA
- Learn how to eat better and move more through this hands-on nutrition and low impact exercise class.