Welcome to Terrell County!
The Terrell County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
Have questions or want to know more?
- Jan 10-Feb 28
- Journeyman Farmer Training-Small Ruminant Production (89.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Carrollton, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program is a comprehensive training program for beginning and small farmers provided by UGA Cooperative Extension. This program is the second in the series and will address: Part 2- Small Ruminants Production Course ***Parts one through three must be completed in order and all parts of the program must be completed to obtain certification. Small Ruminant Production is a six week training developed by Fort Valley State University in partnership with UGA Extension. Topics include: goat and sheep breeds and selection, nutrition and body scoring, pasture management, predator control, health and diseases, reproduction and kidding/lambing, integrated parasite management, as well as meats and marketing. The training includes a session with live animals to practice body condition scoring, hoof trimming and checking for internal parasites.
- Jan 24
- Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program for Beginning Farmers- Step 2 (22.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Albany, GA
- UGA Extension is launching the Journeyman Farmer program that provides a comprehensive training for beginning farmers. The program includes a three step training:Step 1 - Small Farm Business Planning / Step 2 - Vegetable Production / Step 3 - Hands-on Production Sign Up Now for Step 2 – Vegetable Production! Spaces are limited. The program is free, but registration is required. TO REGISTER: Contact Dougherty County Extension Office (229) 436-7216 More Information at: www.SustainAgGA.org 4-Day training with lunches provided. WHEN: Tues., Jan. 17, 9am – 3pm Thurs., Jan. 19, 9am – 3pm Tues., Jan. 24, 9am – 3pm Thurs., Jan 26, 9am – 3pm
- Jan 25-Jan 26
- Manager ServSafe Training (20.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Americus, GA
- You can improve your food safety and sanitation skills through a nationally recognized food safety sanitation course. The class is 16 hours by a Certified ServSafe Trainer of UGA Family and Consumer Sciences, Mitzi Parker. This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and is certified through the National Restaurant Association and includes the course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instruction, and refreshments. Successful completion of the exam provides certification. The class fee of $140.00 includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch is on your own.