The University of Georgia Taylor County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
Taylor County faculty and trained support staff provide educational programs as well as a number of ag testings services to the citizens of Taylor County. Our Ag agent provides unbiased, research-based info that helps clients make critical decisions. Extension recommendations focus on maximzing production and profit, while minimizing environmental impacts. Our 4-H Program Assistant creates and organizes youth educational programs including competitive events which will assist young people to develop citizenship, leadership, responsibility and life skills through experiential learning. We also provide information to help citizens live healthier lives through home food preservation, and assistance with diets for seniors and diabetics.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Taylor County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Backed up by specialists and a network of resources, Extension Agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.
If you don't find what you're looking for here on our website and want to know more, please contact us.
- Mar 28
- Beef Cattle Short Course (20.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | Thomaston, GA
- Upson County Extension will be hosting the Beef Cattle Short Course on March 14th, 21st, and 28th. The short course will begin with Lawton Stewart's presentation on surviving drought with livestock and Levi Russell with insurance and risk management. The second night will be at The Rock Ranch with a live animal demonstration and Jason Duggin discussing the market difference in calves. Dinner will be served the final night with Jacob Segers presenting an in-depth discussion of EPD's. Cost for this course will be $55 a person or $75 per couple, please register with the Upson Extension Office (706) 647-8989 by March 10th
- Apr 1-Apr 3
- 9th-12th Grades Conference (73.0 miles)
- Eatonton, GA
- Open to 9th - 12th graders. Prom-type dance.
- Apr 11
- Aquaponics/Hydroponics/Bioponics Program (70.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- HYDROPONICS / AQUAPONICS / BIOPONICS Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:00 am – 12:00 pm 125 Pine Avenue in Downtown Albany Cost is $5.00 per person Pre-registration is required by Friday, April 1, 2017 Come join us to learn more about Gardening with Fish System Building Water Quality Nutrients Plant Production Floating Raft Aquaponics Our speakers will be: Dr. Gary Burtle, UGA, Associate Professor Animal & Dairy Science Donald Bacoat, FVSU, Aquaculture Carpenter/Production Assistant