The University of Georgia Taylor County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
Taylor County faculty and trained support staff provide educational programs as well as a number of ag testings services to the citizens of Taylor County. Our Ag agent provides unbiased, research-based info that helps clients make critical decisions. Extension recommendations focus on maximzing production and profit, while minimizing environmental impacts. Our 4-H Program Assistant creates and organizes youth educational programs including competitive events which will assist young people to develop citizenship, leadership, responsibility and life skills through experiential learning. We also provide information to help citizens live healthier lives through home food preservation, and assistance with diets for seniors and diabetics.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Taylor County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Backed up by specialists and a network of resources, Extension Agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.
If you don't find what you're looking for here on our website and want to know more, please contact us.
- Apr 1-Apr 3
- 9th-12th Grades Conference (73.0 miles)
- Eatonton, GA
- Open to 9th - 12th graders. Prom-type dance.
- Apr 11
- Aquaponics/Hydroponics/Bioponics Program (70.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- HYDROPONICS / AQUAPONICS / BIOPONICS Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:00 am – 12:00 pm 125 Pine Avenue in Downtown Albany Cost is $5.00 per person Pre-registration is required by Friday, April 1, 2017 Come join us to learn more about Gardening with Fish System Building Water Quality Nutrients Plant Production Floating Raft Aquaponics Our speakers will be: Dr. Gary Burtle, UGA, Associate Professor Animal & Dairy Science Donald Bacoat, FVSU, Aquaculture Carpenter/Production Assistant
- Apr 18
- Beef Cattle Field Day (78.0 miles)
- 1:30 PM | Monroe County, GA
- Natural Resources Conservation Service and UGA Cooperative Extension will have a Beef Cattle Field Day April 18, 2017 at Vaughn Farms in Monroe County. Program Seminars Include: -Soil Health in Pastures and Rainfall Simulator -Pasture Fertility -Grazing Systems -Forage Varieties -Herd Health and Heifer Development Program will be from 1:30 to 7:00 pm. Concluding the last seminar dinner will be served and participants can visit with program displays and exhibitors. There is a $5 registration fee.