The Stewart County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. Our staff is dedicated to improving the lives of residents of Stewart County through programming in three different program areas including 4-H, Ag and Natural Resources, and Family and Consumer Sciences.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Nutrition and Healthy Cooking Workshops
- Research-Based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Health and Wellness Programs like Walk Georgia
- ServSafe® Training & Certification Courses
- Food Preservation and Canning Workshops
- May 24 - May 25
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (87.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Tifton, GA
- UGA Tift County Extension provides the Nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. The training is from 8:30am - 5:00pm, both days. $140.00
- Jun 3
- Chattahoochee Valley Daylily Festival (35.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Columbus, GA
- Enjoy the Daylilies in full bloom at the Columbus Botanical Garden. Purchase from a wide variety of Daylilies. Free Daylily class and demos will be conducted in the afternoon. Stay for the day and enjoy arts and crafts as well as local food vendors. Daylily Show begins at 1:15. Free admission.
- Jun 6 - Jun 7
- ServSafe Manager Training (88.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Griffin, GA
- UGA Spalding County Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service professionals from the National Restaurant Association. Successful completion of the exam results in certification from NRAEF. The fee of $140 includes course book, educational materials, instruction, exam and refreshments. Pre-registration required, please contact our office.