About Screven County Extension
The University of Georgia Screven County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Mar 27-Mar 28
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (31.0 miles)
- 10:30 AM | Waynesboro, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.
- Mar 28
- ARC Growers Meeting (27.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Augusta, GA
- ARC Growers Meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month at Forest Hills Golf Course from 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM. Each month is a different speaker and some meetings offer pesticide credits. Please email our office to be included in the notification email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mar 28
- So Easy to Preserve Foods (65.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Savannah, GA
- Join UGA Extension Family & Consumer Sciences Agent, Jackie Ogden for a food preservation class to learn how to preserve food for you and your family using a variety of food preservation methods. Participants will receive UGA food preservation publications, recipes and research-based food safety information for home canning, freezing and drying foods.