About Screven County Extension
The University of Georgia Screven County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Sep 26-Sep 27
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (31.0 miles)
- 10:30 AM | Waynesboro, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.
- Sep 27
- ARC Growers Meeting (27.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Augusta, GA
- Our next ARC Growers Meeting will be Tuesday, September 27. 2016, 7:30 a.m., at Forest Hills Golf Club, 1500 Comfort Road, Augusta, GA. Our speaker for the morning will be Aiken Master Gardener, Alvin Bey, whose program “Teaming with Nature – Yards without Chemicals” where he describes the “all natural” approach he has used to develop and manage his yard. No synthetic fertilizer, insecticides, herbicides, or fungicides are used. The process is easier than you might think and it leads to healthier plants and cleaner environment. Come and learn how to do it and why it works so well. “Teaming with Nature - Yards without Chemicals” Speaker - Alvin Bey
- Oct 6
- Home Food Preservation (72.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Tennille, GA
- Join us for a hands-on food preservation experience! Participants will learn the basics of preserving jellied products and make a batch of apple jelly.