About Screven County Extension
The University of Georgia Screven County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Mar 27-Mar 28
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (31.0 miles)
- 10:30 AM | Waynesboro, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.
- Mar 30-Mar 31
- ServSafe Manager Course & Exam (87.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Elberton, GA
- The two-day ServSafe Manager Course will be offered in Elberton, Georgia on March 30 & March 31, 2017. The cost to attend the class and take the National Restaurant Association's ServSafe Exam is $140. Call our office for instructions on registering for the class - all registrations must be received by March 10, 2017.
- Apr 18
- Beef Cattle Field Day (82.0 miles)
- 1:30 PM | Monroe County, GA
- Natural Resources Conservation Service and UGA Cooperative Extension will have a Beef Cattle Field Day April 18, 2017 at Vaughn Farms in Monroe County. Program Seminars Include: -Soil Health in Pastures and Rainfall Simulator -Pasture Fertility -Grazing Systems -Forage Varieties -Herd Health and Heifer Development Program will be from 1:30 to 7:00 pm. Concluding the last seminar dinner will be served and participants can visit with program displays and exhibitors. There is a $5 registration fee.