About Screven County Extension
The University of Georgia Screven County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- May 31
- Well.... What Do You Know? A Well & Drinking Water Workshop (82.0 miles)
- 2:00 PM | Forsyth, GA
- This workshop will assist clients that have a well as their source of water for the home. Dr. Uttam Saha, UGA Extension Water Quality Specialist, will join Monroe County Extension in presenting this well water workshop to introduce protecting your well and drinking water. Topics to be discussed are: understanding the basics of the well, how to protect the well from contamination, uranium in well water, radon in air and in well water, and how to test your well water. This workshop is important for clients that have wells to understand well water safety is up to the client. Come join us to understand this important topic.
- Jun 8
- Home Food Preservation (75.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Sandersville, GA
- Join us for a hands-on food preservation experience! Participants will learn the basics of hot water bath canning and learn how to can tomatoes using fresh ingredients.
- Jun 13
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (82.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Forsyth, GA
- UGA Monroe County Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. This workshop is a two day training. Certification testing will take place on June 14, 2017. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.