About Screven County Extension
The University of Georgia Screven County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Feb 20-Feb 21
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (75.0 miles)
- 10:30 AM | Sandersville, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.
- Feb 21
- Worker Protection Standard Training (31.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Waynesboro, GA
- Representatives from the Georgia Department of Agriculture will be on hand to present the program. An update for farmers on EPA'S new Worker Protection Standards will be presented from 10 am to 12:00 noon. Lunch will be served at noon. A video training for pesticide handlers and workers will be shown after lunch. Please RSVP by calling (706) 554-2119 by Monday, February 20.
- Feb 21
- Commercial Collard and Cabbage Production (46.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | Swainsboro, GA
- Dr. Tim Coolong will present a program on growing collards and cabbages for the commercial vegetable market. There will be a sponsored meal, so please call to pre register.