About Screven County Extension
The University of Georgia Screven County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Jan 24
- Disease Management in Cotton, Peanuts, Corn and Soybeans (46.0 miles)
- 12:00 PM | Swainsboro, GA
- Dr. Bob Kemerait will discuss new products and programs tested to improve disease management in peanuts and a new disease for cotton. There will be a sponsored meal, so please call to reserve your spot.
- Jan 26
- Peanut Production Update (46.0 miles)
- 12:00 PM | Swainsbor, GA
- Dr. Scott Montfort and Dr. Mark Abney will cover peanut varieties and provide an update on 2016 research conducted by the UGA Peanut Team. Dr. Mark Abney will provide an update on Burrower Bug Management based on 2015 and 2016 research. There will be a sponsored meal, so please call to pre register.
- Feb 2
- Screven County Cotton Weed Meeting
- 6:30 PM | Sylvania, GA
- Dr. Stanley Culpepper will discuss weed control programs for cotton this year. Pesticide credits will be given. Sponsored meal. Please contact Screven County Extension office at (912) 564-2064 to register.