Rockdale County Cooperative Extension
UGA Extension is a partnership between the University of Georgia and local counties that provide the community with education and resources in three program areas. The University of Georgia Cooperative Extension is on the forefront of food safety, technology, research, and education; keeping Georgia’s economy strong and making life better for Georgians. Learn more about UGA Extension.
The Rockdale County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
We focus our efforts, education and resources in three program areas.
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- 4-H Youth Development
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Master Gardener Extension Volunteers
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 3/28/2017
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 3/27/2017
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
- Conversion Tables, Formulas and Suggested Guidelines for Horticultural Use (B 931)
- Published 6/22/2016
- Pesticide and fertilizer recommendations are often made on a pounds per acre and tons per acre basis. While these may be applicable to field production of many crops, orchardists, nurserymen and greenhouse operators often must convert these recommendations to smaller areas, such as row feet, square feet, or even per tree or per pot. Thus pints, cups, ounces, tablespoons and teaspoons are the common units of measure. The conversion is frequently complicated by metric units of measure. This publication is designed to aid growers in making these calculations and conversions, and also provides other data useful in the management, planning and operation of horticultural enterprises.
- Read More
Have questions? Need help?
The Rockdale County Cooperative Extension Office is here to serve you!
Do You Need a Speaker?
UGA Extension Rockdale County agents and trained volunteers are available to present educational programs of interest to your group or organization. We offer programs tailored to fit your needs in a variety of topics including landscaping, home gardening, healthy lifestyles, nutrition, food safety, 4-H youth development and more. Our educators keep busy schedules so it is important to make a speaker request as early as possible to get a spot on our calendar. You may contact through the form below or consult our Contact Us page to access the contact information for a specific staff member. We look forward to working with you.