There are no upcoming events at this time.
Rockdale County Cooperative Extension
The University of Georgia Rockdale County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
UGA Extension is a partnership between the University of Georgia and local counties that provide the community with education and resources in three program areas.
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- 4-H Youth Development
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Master Gardener Extension Volunteers
- Aug 23-Nov 8
- Junior Master Gardener Program (26.0 miles)
- 4:00 PM | Fayetteville, GA
- The Junior Master Gardener Program is an exciting youth program for current 3rd-5th graders. Youth will explore insects, flowers, fruits, wildlife, vegetable gardening, soil and water conservation and much more! The program meets every Tuesday from 4-6pm starting August 23rd until November 8th. We only have 20 spaces, so register early to reserve your spot!
- Oct 1
- Farm & Family Day (77.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Jeffersonville, GA
- Get ready for FOOD, MUSIC, FUN, FARM TOURS, VENDORS, AND ACTIVITIES! Mark your calendars and get ready for a fun day! 8am to Noon (Farm Tours) 11am – 5pm (Farm & Family Day Fest) *To register for a farm tour please call the office to register and to receive more information on farm tour details.
- Oct 1
- We Zumba® for 4-H! (26.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Griffin, GA
- Dance to great music, with great people while benefiting programs for the youth of Spalding County 4-H. Tickets are $20 ($10 for 4-H members) and may be purchased at the UGA Extension Office at 835 Memorial Drive, Griffin GA 30224. For more information on how you can help Spalding County 4-H please call 770-467-4225. Thank you for supporting the youth of Spalding County 4-H!
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 9/2/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 9/19/2016
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
- Vegetable Garden Calendar (C 943)
- Published 5/25/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More
Have questions? Need help?
The Rockdale County Cooperative Extension Office is here to serve you!