Welcome to UGA Pike County Extension/4-H
What is UGA Extension?
UGA Extension is a county, state and federal funded organization supported by specialists in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and the College of Family and Consumer Sciences.
UGA Extension Pike County links resources of the University of Georgia and Pike County to provide educational programs, information, and assistance to the citizens of Pike County.
Some of our most popular services include:
Feel free to navigate our website and see all the different programs and resources offered here in Pike County.
If you have any questions or want to know more....
- Mar 28
- Southern Women in Agriculture: A Hands-On Basic Training (115.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Chula, GA
- This training is for all women interested or involved in agriculture. Participants will receive hands-on instruction on fencing, tractors, farm implements, trucks and trailers, cattle handling, and animal health. This training is taught by female Extension Agents.
- Mar 29
- Georgia Forages Conference @ GA Cattlemen's (58.0 miles)
- 9:30 AM | Perry, GA
- Forage production is the heart of Georgia's livestock industry. Our diverse forage systems are some of the best in the world. For the fifth straight year, the Georgia Cattlemen's Annual Convention begins with a focus on forages with the Georgia Forages' Conference starting off the week's events. This Conference is planned for March 29, 2017 at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry, GA. This event allows us to team up with the Georgia Cattlemen's Association to offer a new learning opportunity in combination with the GCA's annual cattlemen's convention.
- Mar 30-Mar 31
- Step Up and Lead (126.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- For over 100 years, Georgia 4-H has provided young people with leadership training and opportunities to apply what they have learned. This half day conference will focus on cultivating the leadership skills of elementary and middle school students. This conference is designed for students participating in Student Council, Beta Club, 4-H Officers, Safety Patrol and other emerging student leaders. Older elementary school students as well as middle school students are encouraged to attend (grades 4-8). Lunch will be provided for all participants as well as chaperones and bus drivers that are registered.
- Apr 1-Apr 2
- Archery Practice (6.0 miles)
- Meansville, GA
- Registration to compete with this club has ended for the 2016-17 season. Registration for the 2017-18 season will begin in August 2017.
- Apr 1-Apr 2
- Shotgun Practice (19.0 miles)
- Concord, GA
- Must be a registered member to attend this practice. Registration for the 2017 Season ends January 20, 2017. Registration for the 2018 Season will begin in December 2017.