Newton County Cooperative Extension
UGA Extension Newton County offers educational programs in the areas of horticulture and agriculture, food safety and nutrition, and leadership and citizenship for youth.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Newton County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Backed up by specialists and a network of resources, Extension Agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.
Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
- Oct 28
- Gwinnett Extension Green Industry Update (29.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Lawrenceville, GA
- The Gwinnett County Extension Green Industry Update will offer five credit hours for Georgia Commercial Pesticide Applicators license in the following categories: Category 21, plant agriculture, Category 24, ornamental and turf, Category 27, right-of-way, Category 41, mosquito control, and one hour for private applicators. Five credits for Georgia Certified Landscape Professionals (GCLP) and Georgia Certified Plant Professionals (GCPP) will be available, in addition to five ISA Certified Arborist credits.
- Oct 31
- Put it Up! Food Preservation (49.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Cumming, GA
- Food Preservation Series - Drying - Class #5 An introduction to food preservation and learn how to dry fruit to make fruit leather. Put it Up is a series of hands on lessons that allow participants to explore and understand the science of safe food preservation.
- Nov 1
- Food Talk Class (88.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Ellijay, GA
- The Food Talk class is actually taught in six sessions. Learn how to cook healthy on a budget, the importance of fruits and vegetables, and about preventing foodborne illness. A healthy recipe will be prepared for tasting and a gift will be given away at each class. Contact Becca Pritchett for more information and to pre-register for classes/sessions.