Newton County Cooperative Extension
UGA Extension Newton County offers educational programs in the areas of horticulture and agriculture, food safety and nutrition, and leadership and citizenship for youth.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Newton County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Backed up by specialists and a network of resources, Extension Agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.
Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
- Aug 27-Aug 28
- State Land Judging Contest (145.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- State Land Judging Contest
- Aug 29
- Morgan County Wheat & Canola Meeting (23.0 miles)
- 7:00 PM | Madison, GA
- Join us at the Chop House Grille in Madison, GA with extension specialists Dr. David Buntin, Dr. Stanley Culpepper and Dr. Eric Prostko to discuss insects and pests in wheat and canola as well as weed control and management for producers. 1 hour of pesticide credit (Private and Category 21) and dinner is available for attendees. RSVP by August 25th. Sponsored by Georgia Fertilizer.
- Aug 30
- Food Talk Class (88.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Ellijay, GA
- The Food Talk class is actually taught in six sessions. Learn how to cook healthy on a budget, the importance of fruits and vegetables, and about preventing foodborne illness. A healthy recipe will be prepared for tasting and a gift will be given away at each class. Contact Becca Pritchett for more information and to pre-register for classes/sessions.