Newton County Cooperative Extension
UGA Extension Newton County offers educational programs in the areas of horticulture and agriculture, food safety and nutrition, and leadership and citizenship for youth.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Newton County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Backed up by specialists and a network of resources, Extension Agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.
Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
- Oct 1
- Farm & Family Day (68.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Jeffersonville, GA
- Get ready for FOOD, MUSIC, FUN, FARM TOURS, VENDORS, AND ACTIVITIES! Mark your calendars and get ready for a fun day! 8am to Noon (Farm Tours) 11am – 5pm (Farm & Family Day Fest) *To register for a farm tour please call the office to register and to receive more information on farm tour details.
- Oct 1
- We Zumba® for 4-H! (31.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Griffin, GA
- Dance to great music, with great people while benefiting programs for the youth of Spalding County 4-H. Tickets are $20 ($10 for 4-H members) and may be purchased at the UGA Extension Office at 835 Memorial Drive, Griffin GA 30224. For more information on how you can help Spalding County 4-H please call 770-467-4225. Thank you for supporting the youth of Spalding County 4-H!
- Oct 3
- Put it Up! Food Preservation (49.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Cumming, GA
- Food Preservation Series - Boiling Water Canning - Class #1 An introduction to food preservation and learn how to can crushed tomatoes using the boiling water method. Put it Up is a series of hands on lessons that allow participants to explore and understand the science of safe food preservation.