The Montgomery County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to our citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
We provide resources in the following areas:
Have questions? Need help?
We are here to serve you!
- Jan 10-Feb 28
- Journeyman Farmer Training-Small Ruminant Production (152.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Carrollton, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program is a comprehensive training program for beginning and small farmers provided by UGA Cooperative Extension. This program is the second in the series and will address: Part 2- Small Ruminants Production Course ***Parts one through three must be completed in order and all parts of the program must be completed to obtain certification. Small Ruminant Production is a six week training developed by Fort Valley State University in partnership with UGA Extension. Topics include: goat and sheep breeds and selection, nutrition and body scoring, pasture management, predator control, health and diseases, reproduction and kidding/lambing, integrated parasite management, as well as meats and marketing. The training includes a session with live animals to practice body condition scoring, hoof trimming and checking for internal parasites.
- Jan 23
- Cotton Production Update (30.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | Swainsboro, GA
- Dr. Jared Whitaker will present a cotton update.
- Jan 24
- Disease Management in Cotton, Peanuts, Corn and Soybeans (30.0 miles)
- 12:00 PM | Swainsboro, GA
- Dr. Bob Kemerait will discuss new products and programs tested to improve disease management in peanuts and a new disease for cotton. There will be a sponsored meal, so please call to reserve your spot.