The Montgomery County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to our citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
We provide resources in the following areas:
Have questions? Need help?
We are here to serve you!
- Jan 10-Feb 28
- Journeyman Farmer Training-Small Ruminant Production (152.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Carrollton, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program is a comprehensive training program for beginning and small farmers provided by UGA Cooperative Extension. This program is the second in the series and will address: Part 2- Small Ruminants Production Course ***Parts one through three must be completed in order and all parts of the program must be completed to obtain certification. Small Ruminant Production is a six week training developed by Fort Valley State University in partnership with UGA Extension. Topics include: goat and sheep breeds and selection, nutrition and body scoring, pasture management, predator control, health and diseases, reproduction and kidding/lambing, integrated parasite management, as well as meats and marketing. The training includes a session with live animals to practice body condition scoring, hoof trimming and checking for internal parasites.
- Feb 22-Feb 27
- Georgia Junior National Livestock Show (69.0 miles)
- Georgia Junior National Livestock Show
- Feb 23
- 2017 Peanut Production Meeting (30.0 miles)
- 12:00 PM | East Dublin, GA
- A Peanut Production Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 23, 2017 at the Cloverleaf Restaurant in East Dublin at 12 noon. Dr. Scott Monfort, Extension Peanut Agronomist, Dr. Bob Kemerait, Extension Plant Pathologist and Dr. Mark Abney, Extension Entomologist will be there to review the 2016 crop and share information on the 2017 crop. Private and commercial pesticide applicators will receive recertification credit (cat 21 and 32 only). There will be a sponsored meal. For more information and to make a reservation, please call Sheila at 478-272-2277.