The Montgomery County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to our citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
We provide resources in the following areas:
Have questions? Need help?
We are here to serve you!
- Sep 6
- Grass Master Forage Program part 1 (44.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization,hay production and NRCS programs. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive certification of completion. Registration is required. Spaces are limited. Pesticide Certification credit hour will be offered in Private, Cat 21 and Cat. 22 Part 1, Sept. 6; Part 2, Sept 13; Part 3, Sept. 20; part 4, Sept.27; part 5, Oct. 4; part 6, Oct. 11, part 7, Oct. 18.
- Sep 6
- Georgia Master Cattleman Class (84.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | LaGrange, GA
- Do you want to become a Georgia Master Cattleman? This eight week program is presented by the University of Georgia College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences and begins September 6 and runs through October 25 for a total of eight classes meeting on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Topics will include forages, nutrition, facilities, external parasites, diseases, reproduction, genetics and more. The last meeting will feature a steak dinner. It is also a good opportunity for people who may be considering getting into the cattle business in the future and will bring producers up to date on a variety of topics concerning the beef industry. This program is only offered every two years the location rotates around the 39 county Northwest District.
- Sep 8
- Child Care Training - Evening Class - 2016 - There's No Excuse for Child Abuse (30.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Dublin, GA
- This training will include 2 hours of state-accepted training for childcare providers and will be limited to the first 10 people who sign up. If you are late or miss part of the class, you will NOT receive credit for the class. This training will be on There's No Excuse for Child Abuse.