- Jul 27-Aug 1
- Southern Regional Horse Championships (73.0 miles)
- Perry, GA
- Southern Regional Horse Championships
- Aug 3-Aug 4
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training (84.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Madison, GA
- UGA Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.
- Aug 3
- Pork Quality Assurance Training (183.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Sylvania, GA
- PQA and TQA training
Our mission is to extend life long learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
The Meriwether County Extension office offers residents many Agricultural Services including but not limited to soil and water analysis along with in person consultations with our Ag Agent, educational publications and information on a wide array of homeowner, farmer and consumer topics. Free publications are available at our office or online. Through Meriwether County Extension we also have the 4-H youth development program in which students ages 9-19 can participate in numerous 4-H activities. Our 4-H Associate provides in school club meetings monthly.
Meriwether County is located in West Central Georgia. The county seat is in Greenville, Ga. The county is rich in history and culture offering many places to visit. The county offers many areas suitable for business activities. Meriwether County is home to the Little White House, National Fish Hatchery, and many other tourist and historical attractions.
Our office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. We are located in the Meriwether County Tax Commissioner's Building. Come by and visit us today.
Meriwether County Georgia Official Government Website
Visit Meriwether County's website to find out what's going on in your community.
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 6/29/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 5/23/2016
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
- Vegetable Garden Calendar (C 943)
- Published 5/25/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More