Extension Serves the Entire Community
McIntosh County Extension offers a wealth of information and services for residents of our county. County Extension Coordinator and trained support staff provide educational programs as well as a number of services. Our 4-H agent creates and organizes youth educational programs including competitive events which will assist young people to develop citizenship, leadership, responsibility and life skills through experiential learning. Although we do not currently have an Agriculture and Natural Resources agent, we do have a place where you can “Ask An Expert” to find answers to your questions about horticulture, landscape and gardening information to residents, as well as water and soil testing and access to UGA informative publications. We can also offer and design educational programs for Family and Consumer Science community needs, provide research based information you can trust on money, home, health, food and family and and assist families on a budget learn to eat healthy.
New Home of McIntosh County Extension/4-H
Moving October 1 2016!
601 Northway Darien, GA 31305
- Mar 25-Mar 31
- National 4-H Conference
- Washington, DC
- Connecting • Learning • Engaging • Leading • Impacting National 4-H Conference is the premier 4-H civic engagement national opportunity for youth. National 4-H Conference is the annual premiere national civic engagement opportunity for 4-H members across the country. Delegates will not only learn while at the conference. Delegates have the opportunity to practice and apply in a real world setting their newly developed and refined skills. Land Grant University 4-H Departments send a delegation size of their choice to participate in the conference. The selection and registration process is up to each Land Grant University 4-H Department. Youth delegates must be between ages 15 (by January 1 of the conference year) and 19 years old. The delegates choose an important societal topic and in round table groups prepare a briefing. During the conference, the groups present their briefing to federal officials around the Washington, D.C. area.
- Mar 28
- Southern Women in Agriculture: A Hands-On Basic Training (123.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Chula, GA
- This training is for all women interested or involved in agriculture. Participants will receive hands-on instruction on fencing, tractors, farm implements, trucks and trailers, cattle handling, and animal health. This training is taught by female Extension Agents.
- Mar 28
- Chainsaw Safety and Equipment Show (255.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Marietta, GA
- Come and Learn with us about chainsaw safety, maintenance, cutting and felling also test the new equipment available for the industry. We will have ISA CEUs and Category 24 pesticide credits available.