The mission of Liberty County Agriculture & Natural Resources program is to teach people how to improve their use of plants, animals and the environment. We assist individuals in making critical decisions concerning their lives, their businesses, and their communities. We cultivate knowledge and identify emerging needs, provide unbiased, researched information; and facilitate partnerships to better serve the citizens of Liberty County.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- 4-H Summer Camps
- 4-H Specialty Clubs (after-school)
- Healthy Living Programs like Walk Georgia
Have questions or want to know more?
Important Hurricane Information and Resources
UGA Extension News:
UGA Extension Events:
- Jan 10-Feb 28
- Journeyman Farmer Training-Small Ruminant Production (213.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Carrollton, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program is a comprehensive training program for beginning and small farmers provided by UGA Cooperative Extension. This program is the second in the series and will address: Part 2- Small Ruminants Production Course ***Parts one through three must be completed in order and all parts of the program must be completed to obtain certification. Small Ruminant Production is a six week training developed by Fort Valley State University in partnership with UGA Extension. Topics include: goat and sheep breeds and selection, nutrition and body scoring, pasture management, predator control, health and diseases, reproduction and kidding/lambing, integrated parasite management, as well as meats and marketing. The training includes a session with live animals to practice body condition scoring, hoof trimming and checking for internal parasites.
- Jan 24
- Disease Management in Cotton, Peanuts, Corn and Soybeans (66.0 miles)
- 12:00 PM | Swainsboro, GA
- Dr. Bob Kemerait will discuss new products and programs tested to improve disease management in peanuts and a new disease for cotton. There will be a sponsored meal, so please call to reserve your spot.
- Jan 26
- Peanut Production Update (66.0 miles)
- 12:00 PM | Swainsbor, GA
- Dr. Scott Montfort and Dr. Mark Abney will cover peanut varieties and provide an update on 2016 research conducted by the UGA Peanut Team. Dr. Mark Abney will provide an update on Burrower Bug Management based on 2015 and 2016 research. There will be a sponsored meal, so please call to pre register.