The mission of Liberty County Agriculture & Natural Resources program is to teach people how to improve their use of plants, animals and the environment. We assist individuals in making critical decisions concerning their lives, their businesses, and their communities. We cultivate knowledge and identify emerging needs, provide unbiased, researched information; and facilitate partnerships to better serve the citizens of Liberty County.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Private Pesticide License
- 4-H Summer Camps
- 4-H Specialty Clubs (after-school)
- Healthy Living Programs like Walk Georgia
Have questions or want to know more?
Important Hurricane Information and Resources
UGA Extension News:
UGA Extension Events:
- Mar 25-Mar 31
- National 4-H Conference
- Washington, DC
- Connecting • Learning • Engaging • Leading • Impacting National 4-H Conference is the premier 4-H civic engagement national opportunity for youth. National 4-H Conference is the annual premiere national civic engagement opportunity for 4-H members across the country. Delegates will not only learn while at the conference. Delegates have the opportunity to practice and apply in a real world setting their newly developed and refined skills. Land Grant University 4-H Departments send a delegation size of their choice to participate in the conference. The selection and registration process is up to each Land Grant University 4-H Department. Youth delegates must be between ages 15 (by January 1 of the conference year) and 19 years old. The delegates choose an important societal topic and in round table groups prepare a briefing. During the conference, the groups present their briefing to federal officials around the Washington, D.C. area.
- Mar 27-Mar 28
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (90.0 miles)
- 10:30 AM | Waynesboro, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.
- Mar 28
- Southern Women in Agriculture: A Hands-On Basic Training (113.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Chula, GA
- This training is for all women interested or involved in agriculture. Participants will receive hands-on instruction on fencing, tractors, farm implements, trucks and trailers, cattle handling, and animal health. This training is taught by female Extension Agents.