The mission of Liberty County Agriculture & Natural Resources program is to teach people how to improve their use of plants, animals and the environment. We assist individuals in making critical decisions concerning their lives, their businesses, and their communities. We cultivate knowledge and identify emerging needs, provide unbiased, researched information; and facilitate partnerships to better serve the citizens of Liberty County.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- 4-H Summer Camps
- 4-H Specialty Clubs (after-school)
- Healthy Living Programs like Walk Georgia
Have questions or want to know more?
UGA Extension News:
UGA Extension Events:
- Sep 19-Sep 26
- Steps on The Path to Home Ownership (25.0 miles)
- 5:00 PM | Savannah, GA
- You will be introduced to the six principles to help turn a dream of home ownership into a reality. Setting goals, evaluating credit reports, developing a budget, determining your saving habits, exploring options and shopping for a home will be discussed during this free program. Participants are required to attend session I & session II to receive the Homebuyer Education Certificate.
- Sep 26-Sep 27
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (90.0 miles)
- 10:30 AM | Waynesboro, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.
- Sep 27
- Grass Master Forage Program- Part 4 Hay Production (53.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization and hay production. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive a certificate of completion. This event is being offered to your by the UGA Forage Team Registration is required. This program begins September 6, 2016 and will meet September 6, 13, 20, 27 and October 6 and 13, 2016