The University of Georgia Jenkins County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Oct 1
- Farm & Family Day (78.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Jeffersonville, GA
- Get ready for FOOD, MUSIC, FUN, FARM TOURS, VENDORS, AND ACTIVITIES! Mark your calendars and get ready for a fun day! 8am to Noon (Farm Tours) 11am – 5pm (Farm & Family Day Fest) *To register for a farm tour please call the office to register and to receive more information on farm tour details.
- Oct 4
- Grass Master Forage Program- Part 5 Understanding Forage Quality (89.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization and hay production. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive a certificate of completion. Registration is required. You will receive One hour pesticide recertification credit. This program begins September 6, 2016 and will meet September 6, 13, 20, 27 and October 6, 13,and 18th, 2016
- Oct 6-Oct 10
- 4-H Volunteer Conference of Southern States (86.0 miles)
- Eatonton, GA
- The 4-H Volunteer Conference of Southern States will be held at Rock Eagle 4-H Center.