The University of Georgia Jenkins County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Apr 26
- Egg Candling Class taught by Georgia Department of Agriculture (66.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Alamo, GA
- Telfair County Extension Office is sponsoring an egg candling class with the Georgia Department of Agriculture. This class is taught by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Cost is $15 including lunch. Egg Candling is a procedure to determine the quality of eggs for human consumption. Anyone selling eggs to individuals or at a farmers market must hold an Egg Candling Certificate. An Egg Candling Certificate is obtained by successfully completing this class, which includes a written examination and a hands-on candling examination. Additionally, you will need to bring a completed Georgia Department of Agriculture Affidavit form (available on the GA Dept. of Agriculture website or in the Telfair Co. Extension Office) plus a copy of your Georgia Driver's License with you to the class.
- Apr 28-May 1
- TCW- State Archery, Rifle and Pistol Match (86.0 miles)
- Eatonton, GA
- TCW- State Archery, Rifle and Pistol Match
- Apr 28
- Cobb County Green Industry Update with MNI Direct (166.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Marietta, GA
- Come and learn about new plant material available in the market, disease management, Boxwood alternatives, soil fertility, disease prevention etc . There will be pesticide license CEUs for category 24 and Private Applicators.