The University of Georgia Jenkins County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Aug 27-Aug 28
- State Land Judging Contest (129.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- State Land Judging Contest
- Aug 30
- Child Care Training - Evening Class - 2016 - Infectious Diseases (59.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Dublin, GA
- This training will include 2 hours of state-accepted training for childcare providers and will be limited to the first 10 people who sign up. If you are late or miss part of the class, you will NOT receive credit for the class. This training will be on Infectious Diseases.
- Aug 30
- Fall Forage Program (86.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Eatonton, GA
- Dr. Dennis Hancock, Assoc. Professor and State Extension Specialist- Forage Crops, and Dr. Patrick McCullough, Assoc. Professor and State Extension Specialist- Weed Science Will be discussing various topics dealing with fall forages. Topics that will be discussed include cool season forage development and utilization, variety selection, planting timing, management, fertility, weed identification, and weed control. 1 hour of commercial pesticide credit is available for categories 21 and 22. Also 1 hr of private pesticide credit is available. Hamburgers will be served at 6:00.