The University of Georgia Jenkins County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Oct 27-Dec 3
- Small Ruminant Production Training (23.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Sylvania, GA
- The Small Ruminant Production Training provides an in-depth instruction on sheep and goat farming, from selecting breeds to marketing your product. The schedule includes five evening sessesions and a hands-on Saturday training.
- Oct 28
- Gwinnett Extension Green Industry Update (140.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Lawrenceville, GA
- The Gwinnett County Extension Green Industry Update will offer five credit hours for Georgia Commercial Pesticide Applicators license in the following categories: Category 21, plant agriculture, Category 24, ornamental and turf, Category 27, right-of-way, Category 41, mosquito control, and one hour for private applicators. Five credits for Georgia Certified Landscape Professionals (GCLP) and Georgia Certified Plant Professionals (GCPP) will be available, in addition to five ISA Certified Arborist credits.
- Nov 2-Nov 3
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Lyons (46.0 miles)
- Toombs County Agricenter
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Lyons