The mission of the UGA Extension Jefferson County Office is to provide information and education in the areas of agriculture, home economics, rural and agricultural community development.
Address & Phone
UGA Extension Jefferson County
2529 US Highway 1 N
Louisville, GA 30434-5213
(478) 625-4023 fax
- May 31
- Well.... What Do You Know? A Well & Drinking Water Workshop (33.0 miles)
- 2:00 PM | Forsyth, GA
- This workshop will assist clients that have a well as their source of water for the home. Dr. Uttam Saha, UGA Extension Water Quality Specialist, will join Monroe County Extension in presenting this well water workshop to introduce protecting your well and drinking water. Topics to be discussed are: understanding the basics of the well, how to protect the well from contamination, uranium in well water, radon in air and in well water, and how to test your well water. This workshop is important for clients that have wells to understand well water safety is up to the client. Come join us to understand this important topic.
- Jun 2
- 2017 Ranch Horse Clinic- Morgan, Burke and Jefferson County Extension Offices (77.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Monticello, GA
- This clinic will provide 4-H'ers and other riders a better understanding of the Ranch Division classes they will be competing in at the State 4-H Horse Show and to improve horsemanship. Limited to 15 Riders--register ASAP. Payment must accompany registration. RSVP: Morgan County Extension, (706) 342-2214 by Thursday, May 26th This clinic is hosted by Morgan, Burke and Jefferson County Extension Offices
- Jun 8
- Home Food Preservation (26.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Sandersville, GA
- Join us for a hands-on food preservation experience! Participants will learn the basics of hot water bath canning and learn how to can tomatoes using fresh ingredients.