The mission of the UGA Extension Jefferson County Office is to provide information and education in the areas of agriculture, home economics, rural and agricultural community development.
Address & Phone
UGA Extension Jefferson County
2529 US Highway 1 N
Louisville, GA 30434-5213
(478) 625-4023 fax
- Apr 25-Apr 27
- Meat & Poultry HACCP Certification Short Course 2017 (86.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Athens, GA
- This program has been designed to meet the USDA's training requirements and is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance, whose goal is to provide standardized training for the meat and poultry industries in HACCP principles. The course curriculum was developed by the American Meat Science Association to help processors understand, develop and apply Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point principles in their production operations. The program meets from 8:00 to 5:00 daily and combines a unique level of lectures and work group discussions from a broad based faculty of meat and poultry scientists, HACCP experts and authorities from academia, industry and government. The work group sessions will include interaction with industry peers who have successfully developed and implemented HACCP programs in their own plants. Who Should Attend? Plant managers, quality assurance personnel, and any others with food safety or USDA-required HACCP responsibility should attend this workshop.
- Apr 26
- Egg Candling Class taught by Georgia Department of Agriculture (64.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Alamo, GA
- Telfair County Extension Office is sponsoring an egg candling class with the Georgia Department of Agriculture. This class is taught by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Cost is $15 including lunch. Egg Candling is a procedure to determine the quality of eggs for human consumption. Anyone selling eggs to individuals or at a farmers market must hold an Egg Candling Certificate. An Egg Candling Certificate is obtained by successfully completing this class, which includes a written examination and a hands-on candling examination. Additionally, you will need to bring a completed Georgia Department of Agriculture Affidavit form (available on the GA Dept. of Agriculture website or in the Telfair Co. Extension Office) plus a copy of your Georgia Driver's License with you to the class.
- May 2-May 3
- Georgia 4-H Area Poultry Judging Contest (57.0 miles)
- Lyons, GA
- Georgia 4-H State Poultry Judging Contest