Welcome to Irwin County!
The Irwin County Extension Office extends learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-based Advice from Production Crops
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
Have questions or want to know more?
Do you have a hankering for peanuts? If so, we have your fix right here at the Extension Office. Stop by our office today to purchase your bag of raw, shelled peanuts. These are sold year round and proceeds help to fund our 4-H program.
- Apr 4-Apr 5
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (38.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Lakeland, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.
- Apr 5-Apr 6
- ServSafe® Manager Training (34.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Macon, GA
- Are You… • A Person in Charge? Responsible for demonstrating knowledge of food-borne disease prevention and other requirements of the Food Code? • A School Nutrition Program Director or Manager? • A Food Service Manager? • A Manager in Training? You have an opportunity to improve your food safety and sanitation skills through a nationally recognized food safety sanitation course: SERVSAFE®: Serving Safe Food. The ServSafe Managers Training is a food safety training program approved by DHR and includes: • 1.5 days of instruction • Certificate from NRAEF issued upon successful completion of the examination • New 6th Edition Manager book Instruction: 12 Hours by Certified ServSafe Trainers of The University of Georgia, Cooperative Extension Office
- Apr 11
- Aquaponics/Hydroponics/Bioponics Program (52.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- HYDROPONICS / AQUAPONICS / BIOPONICS Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:00 am – 12:00 pm 125 Pine Avenue in Downtown Albany Cost is $5.00 per person Pre-registration is required by Friday, April 1, 2017 Come join us to learn more about Gardening with Fish System Building Water Quality Nutrients Plant Production Floating Raft Aquaponics Our speakers will be: Dr. Gary Burtle, UGA, Associate Professor Animal & Dairy Science Donald Bacoat, FVSU, Aquaculture Carpenter/Production Assistant
- Apr 11
- Cooking for a Lifetime Cancer Prevention Cooking School (85.0 miles)
- 2:00 PM | McRae, GA
- Learn about reducing the risk of cancer; who should get screened for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer; how to get screened. Free cookbook, Recipe tasting and PRIZES. *All who attend will be entered into a drawing for one of two fitness kits valued at $30 each.
- Apr 21-Apr 22
- SW District 4-H Leadership in Action Interviews (19.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- Georgia 4-H Leadership in Action - Part II participants complete an interview and compete at the district level. District interviews will take place at the following locations on April 20, 2017: Camp Truitt Fulton in Atlanta (for NW District 4-H'ers), Northeast District Conference Room in Athens (NE District 4-H'ers), Southeast District Office in Statesboro (SE District 4-H'ers), and UGA Conference Center in Tifton (SW District). Part I must be submitted to local county Extension offices in early April in order to compete.