Cooperative Extension is an outreach branch of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Family and Consumer Sciences and Georgia 4-H. Our office serves the residents of Gordon County with unbiased, research-based education in the areas of agriculture, natural resources, family development, housing/home environment, and youth development.
- Mar 28
- Food Talk Class (28.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Ellijay, GA
- The Food Talk class is actually taught in six sessions. Learn how to cook healthy on a budget, the importance of fruits and vegetables, and about preventing foodborne illness. A healthy recipe will be prepared for tasting and a gift will be given away at each class. Contact Becca Pritchett for more information and to pre-register for classes/sessions.
- Apr 8-Apr 9
- Ask an Expert - Chieftains Museum Annual Plant Sale (22.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Rome, GA
- The Georgia Master Gardener Extension Volunteers of Floyd County will be staffing the Ask an Expert booth during the 2017 Chieftains Museum Plant Sale.
- Apr 18
- Egg Candling Class
- 8:00 AM | Calhoun, GA
- Egg Candling Class for Northwest Georgia on April 18, 2017 at the Gordon County Ag Center in Calhoun, GA: 1282 HWY 53 SPUR, SW CALHOUN, GA 30701. CLASS TIMES: 8 AM, 12PM, AND 2 PM (TOTAL: 16 PEOPLE PER CLASS ) *** PLEASE CALL 770-535-5955 TO Register for this class. When you call, be prepared to provide: 1. Name of each person who would like to complete the training. 2. Mailing address for each registrant 3. Email address for each registrant 4. Class time you would like to attend. ***Study Information will be e-mailed after you sign up for the class.