Cooperative Extension is an outreach branch of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Family and Consumer Sciences and Georgia 4-H. Our office serves the residents of Gordon County with unbiased, research-based education in the areas of agriculture, natural resources, family development, housing/home environment, and youth development.
- Oct 25
- Money/Budget Class (28.0 miles)
- 1:30 PM | Ellijay, GA
- Learn how to stretch your food dollars, the importance of paying bills on time, and how to keep track of your spending.
- Oct 31
- Put it Up! Food Preservation (48.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Cumming, GA
- Food Preservation Series - Drying - Class #5 An introduction to food preservation and learn how to dry fruit to make fruit leather. Put it Up is a series of hands on lessons that allow participants to explore and understand the science of safe food preservation.
- Nov 1
- Food Talk Class (28.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Ellijay, GA
- The Food Talk class is actually taught in six sessions. Learn how to cook healthy on a budget, the importance of fruits and vegetables, and about preventing foodborne illness. A healthy recipe will be prepared for tasting and a gift will be given away at each class. Contact Becca Pritchett for more information and to pre-register for classes/sessions.