Cooperative Extension is an outreach branch of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Family and Consumer Sciences and Georgia 4-H. Our office serves the residents of Gordon County with unbiased, research-based education in the areas of agriculture, natural resources, family development, housing/home environment, and youth development.
Be sure to check out the Family and Consumer Sciences page for information on an upcoming Lunch and Learn!
- Jul 23
- White Co. 4-H Archery Tournament: (67.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Cleveland, GA
- July 23, 2016. FITA 25M and 3-D (20 targets) tournament; compound tournament for prizes, but all archers welcome. Adults & youth, concessions available. $15 per shooter or $25 for both events. 10 ends of three arrows. The White County 4-H Archery Range is located at 1853 Asbestos Rd., Cleveland, GA. FITA pre-registration REQUIRED: go to https://goo.gl/JB9piI. Deadline for pre-registration: July 15, 2016. Flight time schedules are on attached flyer. All proceeds to benefit White County 4-H Archery Team.
- Jul 26
- Homemade Jam Session Featuring Peach (22.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Cartersville, GA
- Come learn about canning basics including water baths, following a recipe, how to utilize canning equipment, and much more. All materials are provided. The cost to attend the class is $10.00
- Jul 27
- Egg Candling Class (26.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Rock Spring, GA
- Class will be conducted by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Four classes will be offered on a first come first serve basis. Once the classes are full, all interested participants will be added to a waiting list for the next class offered. Class times are 8 am, 10 am, 12 pm, and 2 pm. Please call (770) 535-5955 to schedule this class. When you call you will need the name of each person who would like to attend, mailing address of each person, email address of each person, and class time you would like to attend. Study information will be emailed after you sign up for the class.