Cooperative Extension is an outreach branch of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Family and Consumer Sciences and Georgia 4-H. Our office serves the residents of Gordon County with unbiased, research-based education in the areas of agriculture, natural resources, family development, housing/home environment, and youth development.
- Feb 22-Feb 23
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (79.0 miles)
- 8:45 AM | Conyers, GA
- UGA Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association.This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and successful completion of the exam provides certification. We offer the course over 2 days (9am-3:30pm), which provides a night to study before the exam. The class fee of $140.00 and includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch each day is on your own. Call the Rockdale County Extension office by February 1st to register.
- Feb 22
- Money/Budget Class (28.0 miles)
- 1:30 PM | Ellijay, GA
- Learn how to stretch your food dollars, the importance of paying bills on time, and how to keep track of your spending.
- Feb 23
- 2017 Northwest Georgia Green Industry & Gardening Symposium (32.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Acworth, GA
- This program is intended for horticulture industry professionals as well as advanced home gardeners. Fee includes networking lunch with local vendors on display. • 3 Hours Pesticide Recertification Credit for Category 24 Ornamental & Turf • 2 Hours Pesticide Recertification Credit for Category 31, Public Health • 1 Hour Pesticide Recertification Credit for Private Applicators and Category 23, Forestry. • 5 CEUs for ISA Arborist (A) and Municipal (M)