Cooperative Extension is an outreach branch of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Family and Consumer Sciences and Georgia 4-H. Our office serves the residents of Gordon County with unbiased, research-based education in the areas of agriculture, natural resources, family development, housing/home environment, and youth development.
- Jun 2-Jun 3
- Gwinnett Journeyman Farmer Small Farm Business Training (66.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Lawrenceville, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Program offers comprehensive training for beginning farmers. The program involves three steps: Small Farm Business Training or AgAware, Small Fruit and Vegetable Production or Small Ruminant Production, and Hands-On internship/mentorship. This is the first step of the training offered in Gwinnett County and is open to all. Those who wish to apply for the Hands-On component must complete steps 1 and 2. The classes will be held in the Gwinnett County Extension office from 8am-1pm on June 2 and 3. Sign up by May 26th to guarantee your spot.
- Jun 7
- Nutrition Class (28.0 miles)
- 9:30 AM | Ellijay, GA
- Learn how to eat healthy without spending a lot of money, the value of having a grocery list, what it means to eat healthy foods, and portion control to prevent weight gain.
- Jun 7
- Money/Budget Class (28.0 miles)
- 1:30 PM | Ellijay, GA
- Learn how to stretch your food dollars, the importance of paying bills on time, and how to keep track of your spending.