Cooperative Extension is an outreach branch of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Family and Consumer Sciences and Georgia 4-H. Our office serves the residents of Gordon County with unbiased, research-based education in the areas of agriculture, natural resources, family development, housing/home environment, and youth development.
- Jan 24
- Money/Budget Class (28.0 miles)
- 1:30 PM | Ellijay, GA
- Learn how to stretch your food dollars, the importance of paying bills on time, and how to keep track of your spending.
- Feb 3
- Enhancing the Safety of Locally Grown Produce (64.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Canton, GA
- Proper food safety practices help protect both consumers and producers of local food products. Join UGA Extension Agents Josh Fuder, Alexis Roberts, and Heather Kolich for a training that will equip growers and market managers with information and protocols to improve food safety on the farm and at the market. Registration fee ($5)includes information packet and certificate of completion. Space is limited, so please register now!
- Feb 21
- Apple Grafting Workshop (67.0 miles)
- 3:30 PM | Cleveland, GA
- Workshop geared towards helping homeowners and small orchard owners to learn how to graft their own apple trees. This course will teach participants apple grafting techniques by having hands on learning. Dr. David Lockwood from UT, Dr. Dario Chavez from UGA, and Mr. Ray Covington from Blairsville, Ga will be our main speakers. Participants will go home with 5 trees they grafted and a grafting knife.