The Glascock County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
We offer services in the following areas:
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 9/2/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 9/19/2016
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
Search other publications
- Vegetable Garden Calendar (C 943)
- Published 5/25/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More
- Sep 28-Sep 29
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (90.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Conyers, GA
- UGA Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association.This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and successful completion of the exam provides certification. We offer the course over 2 days (9am-3:30pm), which provides a night to study before the exam. The class fee of $140.00 and includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch each day is on your own. Call the Rockdale County Extension office by September 14th to register.
- Oct 1
- Farm & Family Day (59.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Jeffersonville, GA
- Get ready for FOOD, MUSIC, FUN, FARM TOURS, VENDORS, AND ACTIVITIES! Mark your calendars and get ready for a fun day! 8am to Noon (Farm Tours) 11am – 5pm (Farm & Family Day Fest) *To register for a farm tour please call the office to register and to receive more information on farm tour details.
- Oct 4
- Grass Master Forage Program- Part 5 Understanding Forage Quality (116.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization and hay production. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive a certificate of completion. Registration is required. You will receive One hour pesticide recertification credit. This program begins September 6, 2016 and will meet September 6, 13, 20, 27 and October 6, 13,and 18th, 2016