What is UGA Extension?
A partnership of the University of Georgia, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and counties of the state cooperating. UGA Extension is on the forefront of food safety, technology, research, and education; keeping Georgia’s economy strong and making life better for Georgians.
UGA Extension Floyd County links the resources of the University of Georgia, Fort Valley State University, and Floyd County to provide educational programs, information, and assistance to citizens. UGA Extension Floyd County helps the citizens of Floyd County by addressing the following initiatives:
- Family and Economic Well-Being
- Conservation and Management of Natural Resources
- Agriculture Programming and Research Opportunities
- Improving Nutrition, Diet and Health
- Water Quality
- Youth Leadership
- 4-H Youth Development Program
- Service Learning / Citizenship
To extend learning from the University of Georgia to the everyday lives of Georgians through current, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
To provide practical education you can trust, to help people, businesses and communities solve problems, develop skills and build a better future.
- Dec 7
- North Georgia Vineyard Update (72.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Dahlonega, GA
- One day workshop. Participants will learn about a broad range of horticultural topics relating to wine grape vine management such as, new vine care, canopy management, pruning practices, and vine balance. Featured speakers are David Lockwood from UT, Joseph Geller from Surry Community College, Tony Wolf from NCSU, and Dr. Terry Bates from Cornel University.
- Dec 8-Dec 9
- NE 4-H update
- Update for Northeast 4-H Agents, Associates, and Program Assistants.
- Dec 8
- Food Talk Class (50.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Ellijay, GA
- The Food Talk class is actually taught in six sessions. Learn how to cook healthy on a budget, the importance of fruits and vegetables, and about preventing foodborne illness. A healthy recipe will be prepared for tasting and a gift will be given away at each class. Contact Becca Pritchett for more information and to pre-register for classes/sessions.