Welcome to Early County!
UGA Extension helps Georgians become healthier, more productive, financially independent and environmentally responsible. Extension agents stay in touch with issues relevant to people in local communities through county Extension offices.
In the Early county Extension office we are fortunate to have three agents and offer programming in:
- Agriculture & Natural Resurces,
- 4-H Youth Development
- Family & Consumer Sciences
Some of our services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Projects and Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
- Food Safety Programs like ServSafe
Feel free to browse through our information, and contact us by phone or email with any questions!
Upcoming Events in the Area
- Feb 28-Mar 1
- SW 4-H Update-All Staff (81.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- SW 4-H Update-All Staff
- Mar 21
- SMALL RUMINANT MEETING WITH DR. NIKI WHITLEY, UGA & FVSU SPECIALIST (70.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Manchester, GA
- This meeting will be an informal one giving producers the opportunity to ask Dr. Whitley about any concerns that they have regarding management on their farms. Topics already presented that will be discussed are CDT vaccinations, prevention of Coccidiosis and mineral supplementation, especially copper, for parasite management.
- Apr 21-Apr 22
- SW District 4-H Leadership in Action Interviews (81.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- Georgia 4-H Leadership in Action - Part II participants complete an interview and compete at the district level. District interviews will take place at the following locations on April 20, 2017: Camp Truitt Fulton in Atlanta (for NW District 4-H'ers), Northeast District Conference Room in Athens (NE District 4-H'ers), Southeast District Office in Statesboro (SE District 4-H'ers), and UGA Conference Center in Tifton (SW District). Part I must be submitted to local county Extension offices in early April in order to compete.