Welcome to Early County!
UGA Extension helps Georgians become healthier, more productive, financially independent and environmentally responsible. Extension agents stay in touch with issues relevant to people in local communities through county Extension offices.
In the Early county Extension office we are fortunate to have three agents and offer programming in:
- Agriculture & Natural Resurces,
- 4-H Youth Development
- Family & Consumer Sciences
Some of our services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Projects and Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
- Food Safety Programs like ServSafe
Feel free to browse through our information, and contact us by phone or email with any questions!
Upcoming Events in the Area
- Aug 1-Aug 2
- ServSafe Restaurant Manager Food Safety Certification (49.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- You can improve your food safety and sanitation skills through a nationally recognized food safety sanitation course. The class is 16 hours by a Certified ServSafe Trainer of UGA Family and Consumer Sciences, Suzanne Williams. This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and is certified through the National Restaurant Association and includes the course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instruction, and refreshments. Successful completion of the exam provides certification. The class fee of $140.00 includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch is on your own.
- Aug 9
- Georgia Master Gardener Extension Volunteer Training (70.0 miles)
- 1:30 PM | LaGrange, GA
- The Master Gardener Extension Volunteer program in Georgia is a volunteer training program designed to help University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Staff transfer research-based information about gardening and related subjects to the public by training home gardeners. Master Gardener Extension Volunteers are active in many Georgia counties. Through this program UGA Extension is able to reach out and serve more citizens with educational programming and demonstrations in these five target areas: Environmental Stewardship Home Food Production Gardening with Youth Value of Landscapes Health Benefits of Gardening UGA requires background checks of each applicant
- Aug 16
- Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program for Beginning Farmers (49.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Albany, GA
- UGA Extension is launching the Journeyman Farmer program that provides a comprehensive training for beginning farmers. The program includes a three step training: Step 1 - Small Farm Business Planning Step 2 - Vegetable Production Step 3 - Hands-on Production Small Farm Business Planning: August 2016 in Dougherty County Vegetable Production: January 2017 in Dougherty County WHEN: 4-Day training Small Farm Business Planning Tues., Aug. 16, 9am – 12pm Thurs., Aug. 18, 9am – 12pm Tues., Aug. 23, 9am – 12pm Thurs., Aug. 25, 9am – 12pm WHERE:Dougherty County Extension- 125 Pine Ave., Candy Room- Albany, GA 31701 The program is free, but registration is required. To register, call Dougherty County Extension at (229)436-7216.