Welcome to Early County!
UGA Extension helps Georgians become healthier, more productive, financially independent and environmentally responsible. Extension agents stay in touch with issues relevant to people in local communities through county Extension offices.
In the Early county Extension office we are fortunate to have three agents and offer programming in:
- Agriculture & Natural Resurces,
- 4-H Youth Development
- Family & Consumer Sciences
Some of our services include:
- Soil and Water Tests
- Research-based Advice for Production Crops
- 4-H Projects and Summer Camps
- Health Programs like Walk Georgia
- Food Safety Programs like ServSafe
Feel free to browse through our information, and contact us by phone or email with any questions!
Upcoming Events in the Area
- Sep 13-Sep 14
- SW Area Forestry Contest (29.0 miles)
- Cuthbert, GA
- SW Area Forestry Contest
- Oct 6
- ServSafe Food Handler Training
- 8:30 AM | Blakely, GA
- Learn basic food safety practices for preparing and serving food. You will learn about basic food safety, personal hygiene, cross-contamination & allergens, time & temperature, and cleaning & sanitation. IMPORTANT: This course is designed for food service employees, and will NOT meet Georgia Department of Public Health certification requirements for food service managers.
- Oct 7
- Egg Candling Certification Class (70.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Manchester, GA
- Participants who complete this class and pass the exams will receive the egg candling certificate from the Georgia Department of Agriculture that is required for small egg producers to sell their eggs to individuals, or at a farmers market. The class will last about four hours, including one hour of classroom instruction, followed by a written examination and a hands-on candling examination. Ben Pitts, from the Georgia Department of Agriculture, will be the instructor.