The Dooly County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. We are dedicated to helping people in our community find answers to questions related to the following areas:
Have questions or want to know more?
- Mar 28
- Beef Cattle Short Course (63.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | Thomaston, GA
- Upson County Extension will be hosting the Beef Cattle Short Course on March 14th, 21st, and 28th. The short course will begin with Lawton Stewart's presentation on surviving drought with livestock and Levi Russell with insurance and risk management. The second night will be at The Rock Ranch with a live animal demonstration and Jason Duggin discussing the market difference in calves. Dinner will be served the final night with Jacob Segers presenting an in-depth discussion of EPD's. Cost for this course will be $55 a person or $75 per couple, please register with the Upson Extension Office (706) 647-8989 by March 10th
- Apr 1-Apr 3
- 9th-12th Grades Conference (89.0 miles)
- Eatonton, GA
- Open to 9th - 12th graders. Prom-type dance.
- Apr 4-Apr 5
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (83.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Lakeland, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.