About Crawford County Extension
The University of Georgia Crawford County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families. See more information about our services in:
- Mar 28
- Southern Women in Agriculture: A Hands-On Basic Training (41.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Chula, GA
- This training is for all women interested or involved in agriculture. Participants will receive hands-on instruction on fencing, tractors, farm implements, trucks and trailers, cattle handling, and animal health. This training is taught by female Extension Agents.
- Mar 28
- Chainsaw Safety and Equipment Show (143.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Marietta, GA
- Come and Learn with us about chainsaw safety, maintenance, cutting and felling also test the new equipment available for the industry. We will have ISA CEUs and Category 24 pesticide credits available.
- Mar 28
- Beef Cattle Short Course (64.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | Thomaston, GA
- Upson County Extension will be hosting the Beef Cattle Short Course on March 14th, 21st, and 28th. The short course will begin with Lawton Stewart's presentation on surviving drought with livestock and Levi Russell with insurance and risk management. The second night will be at The Rock Ranch with a live animal demonstration and Jason Duggin discussing the market difference in calves. Dinner will be served the final night with Jacob Segers presenting an in-depth discussion of EPD's. Cost for this course will be $55 a person or $75 per couple, please register with the Upson Extension Office (706) 647-8989 by March 10th