About Columbia County Extension
The University of Georgia Columbia County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Oct 27-Dec 3
- Small Ruminant Production Training (69.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Sylvania, GA
- The Small Ruminant Production Training provides an in-depth instruction on sheep and goat farming, from selecting breeds to marketing your product. The schedule includes five evening sessesions and a hands-on Saturday training.
- Oct 28
- Gwinnett Extension Green Industry Update (100.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Lawrenceville, GA
- The Gwinnett County Extension Green Industry Update will offer five credit hours for Georgia Commercial Pesticide Applicators license in the following categories: Category 21, plant agriculture, Category 24, ornamental and turf, Category 27, right-of-way, Category 41, mosquito control, and one hour for private applicators. Five credits for Georgia Certified Landscape Professionals (GCLP) and Georgia Certified Plant Professionals (GCPP) will be available, in addition to five ISA Certified Arborist credits.
- Nov 1-Nov 2
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification & Training (14.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Thomson, GA
- $140 per person – Includes Exam & ServSafe Manager 6th Edition Text Book or $60 Retest – Includes Test and Answer Sheet – Bring Your Book.. What Managers Will Learn with ServSafe Food Safety Training: Sanitation, The Dangers of Foodborne Illness, The Flow of Food Through the Operation, Sanitary Facilities & Pest Management and How ServSafe Works for our Workforce Today. Must register by Friday, October 14th!!