About Columbia County Extension
The University of Georgia Columbia County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Sep 2-Oct 13
- Elbert County 4-H Plant Sale (33.0 miles)
- Elberton, GA
- Available plants for 2016 include blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, figs, goji berries, muscadines, pomegranates, apples, Asian pears, crabapples, Japanese persimmons, peaches, pears, pecans, and plums. Please see brochure below for more information on varieties available. Deadline to order and submit payment is Wednesday October 12th. Plant pick-up is Thursday October 27th and Friday October 28th. Please contact the Elbert County Extension Office to place an order or with any questions. This sale is pre-order only. Cash, check, debit and credit cards are accepted. Thank you for your support!
- Oct 1
- Farm & Family Day (88.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Jeffersonville, GA
- Get ready for FOOD, MUSIC, FUN, FARM TOURS, VENDORS, AND ACTIVITIES! Mark your calendars and get ready for a fun day! 8am to Noon (Farm Tours) 11am – 5pm (Farm & Family Day Fest) *To register for a farm tour please call the office to register and to receive more information on farm tour details.
- Oct 4
- Grass Master Forage Program- Part 5 Understanding Forage Quality (142.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization and hay production. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive a certificate of completion. Registration is required. You will receive One hour pesticide recertification credit. This program begins September 6, 2016 and will meet September 6, 13, 20, 27 and October 6, 13,and 18th, 2016