About Columbia County Extension
The University of Georgia Columbia County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Aug 24-Aug 25
- ServSafe Manager's Training
- 9:00 AM | Appling, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.
- Aug 27-Aug 28
- State Land Judging Contest (165.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- State Land Judging Contest
- Aug 30
- Fall Forage Program (63.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Eatonton, GA
- Dr. Dennis Hancock, Assoc. Professor and State Extension Specialist- Forage Crops, and Dr. Patrick McCullough, Assoc. Professor and State Extension Specialist- Weed Science Will be discussing various topics dealing with fall forages. Topics that will be discussed include cool season forage development and utilization, variety selection, planting timing, management, fertility, weed identification, and weed control. 1 hour of commercial pesticide credit is available for categories 21 and 22. Also 1 hr of private pesticide credit is available. Hamburgers will be served at 6:00.