About Columbia County Extension
The University of Georgia Columbia County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. See more information about our services in:
- Agriculture, gardening, and the environment
- 4-H youth development programs
- Food, health, communities, and families
Have questions or want to know more?
- Apr 18-May 16
- Backyard Chickens Keys to Success (14.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | Thomson, GA
- Specialists from UGA and the Georgia Poultry Laboratory Network will present a variety of important topics that are key to your success raising backyard poultry. The program will be held at the Thomson Depot on April 18 and May 2 and at the Warren County Extension Office April 25 and May 16. All session start at 6:30pm and the cost is $25 total for all 4 sessions. Reservation are required and deadline is April 11, 2017.
- Apr 25-Apr 27
- Meat & Poultry HACCP Certification Short Course 2017 (66.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Athens, GA
- This program has been designed to meet the USDA's training requirements and is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance, whose goal is to provide standardized training for the meat and poultry industries in HACCP principles. The course curriculum was developed by the American Meat Science Association to help processors understand, develop and apply Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point principles in their production operations. The program meets from 8:00 to 5:00 daily and combines a unique level of lectures and work group discussions from a broad based faculty of meat and poultry scientists, HACCP experts and authorities from academia, industry and government. The work group sessions will include interaction with industry peers who have successfully developed and implemented HACCP programs in their own plants. Who Should Attend? Plant managers, quality assurance personnel, and any others with food safety or USDA-required HACCP responsibility should attend this workshop.
- Apr 28-May 1
- TCW- State Archery, Rifle and Pistol Match (63.0 miles)
- Eatonton, GA
- TCW- State Archery, Rifle and Pistol Match