Family & Consumer Sciences
WHAT WE DO!
Family & Consumer Sciences (FACS) Extension Agents offer unbiased, research-based solutions and up to date knowledge on a variety of topics including:
- Safe, Healthy, and Affordable Housing Environments
- Food Safety
- Nutrition and Health
- Economic Well Being for Individuals and Families
- Positive Development for Individuals, Families, and Communities
FACS Agents also partner with other agencies and employers to boost economic development by educating our present and future work force. Examples include:
- Health education and chronic disease prevention
- Required food safety training for employees and managers. Required child care provider trainings.
- Life skills education such as managing finances balancing work and family responsibilities.
"Walk Georgia" is a free Wed-based fitness program designed to encourage activity and exercise through accountability and community! The website enables users to track their activities and record fitness progress. Users can compare their activity to individuals in their county, the state and can create custom group challenges. The website also provides resources on health and the tools and information to get physically active. Create an account HERE!. We hope you'll be inspired to join us and others in Georgia as we get more active and become healthier! Feel free to contact our office staff for additional information about Walk Georgia.