- Oct 4-Oct 5
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam
- 8:30 AM | Moultrie, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Event Website: http://extension.uga.edu/calendar/?containstext=servsafe
- Oct 4
- Grass Master Forage Program- Part 5 Understanding Forage Quality (79.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization and hay production. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive a certificate of completion. Registration is required. You will receive One hour pesticide recertification credit. This program begins September 6, 2016 and will meet September 6, 13, 20, 27 and October 6, 13,and 18th, 2016
- Oct 6-Oct 17
- Georgia National Fair (91.0 miles)
- Georgia National Fairgrounds
- The Georgia National Fair where many 4-H'ers compete
Colquitt County Cooperative Extension
UGA Extension in Colquitt County offers educational programs in the areas of horticulture, agriculture, food safety, nutrition, and leadership and citizenship for our youth and community.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Colquitt County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture and is backed by specialists and a network of resources. Extension agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.