- Jan 10-Feb 28
- Journeyman Farmer Training-Small Ruminant Production (150.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Carrollton, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program is a comprehensive training program for beginning and small farmers provided by UGA Cooperative Extension. This program is the second in the series and will address: Part 2- Small Ruminants Production Course ***Parts one through three must be completed in order and all parts of the program must be completed to obtain certification. Small Ruminant Production is a six week training developed by Fort Valley State University in partnership with UGA Extension. Topics include: goat and sheep breeds and selection, nutrition and body scoring, pasture management, predator control, health and diseases, reproduction and kidding/lambing, integrated parasite management, as well as meats and marketing. The training includes a session with live animals to practice body condition scoring, hoof trimming and checking for internal parasites.
- Mar 1
- Small Engine Maintenance & Operation Workshop (63.0 miles)
- 1:00 PM | LaGrange, GA
- Are you tired of wasting an hour or more every time you try to fire up your small engine? If you are you need to attend this workshop. The goal of this workshop is to give you the skills to maintain your 2-cycle and 4-cycle small engine equipment in tip-top shape. Topics will include maintenance, tune up, troubleshooting and repair of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. Brian Maddy, ANR Agent for Troup County has over 30 years of experience teaching small engine repair.
- Mar 3
- Gwinnett Extension Green Industry Update (197.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Lawrenceville, GA
- Gwinnett County Cooperative Extension will have a Green Industry Update on Friday, March 3, 2017 from 8:00am to 3:15pm at Gwinnett Technical College. The program will offer five credit hours for Georgia Commercial Pesticide Applicators license in the following categories: Category 21, plant agriculture, Category 24, ornamental and turf, Category 27, right-of-way, Category 41, mosquito control, and two hours for private applicators. The program will also offer five CEUs for ISA Certified Arborists, and five CEUs for the GCLP/GCPP certifications.
Colquitt County Cooperative Extension
UGA Extension in Colquitt County offers educational programs in the areas of horticulture, agriculture, food safety, nutrition, and leadership and citizenship for our youth and community.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Colquitt County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture and is backed by specialists and a network of resources. Extension agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.