- Mar 28
- Southern Women in Agriculture: A Hands-On Basic Training (34.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Chula, GA
- This training is for all women interested or involved in agriculture. Participants will receive hands-on instruction on fencing, tractors, farm implements, trucks and trailers, cattle handling, and animal health. This training is taught by female Extension Agents.
- Mar 28
- Chainsaw Safety and Equipment Show (206.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Marietta, GA
- Come and Learn with us about chainsaw safety, maintenance, cutting and felling also test the new equipment available for the industry. We will have ISA CEUs and Category 24 pesticide credits available.
- Mar 29
- Georgia Forages Conference @ GA Cattlemen's (91.0 miles)
- 9:30 AM | Perry, GA
- Forage production is the heart of Georgia's livestock industry. Our diverse forage systems are some of the best in the world. For the fifth straight year, the Georgia Cattlemen's Annual Convention begins with a focus on forages with the Georgia Forages' Conference starting off the week's events. This Conference is planned for March 29, 2017 at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry, GA. This event allows us to team up with the Georgia Cattlemen's Association to offer a new learning opportunity in combination with the GCA's annual cattlemen's convention.
Colquitt County Cooperative Extension
UGA Extension in Colquitt County offers educational programs in the areas of horticulture, agriculture, food safety, nutrition, and leadership and citizenship for our youth and community.
UGA Extension operates through a unique partnership with Colquitt County, the University of Georgia, the State of Georgia, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture and is backed by specialists and a network of resources. Extension agents have been on the job in Georgia since 1914.