Chattahoochee County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education. Through partnership with the University of Georgia, we provide services to our county in the following areas:
Have questions or want to know more?
- Mar 28
- Beef Cattle Short Course (47.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | Thomaston, GA
- Upson County Extension will be hosting the Beef Cattle Short Course on March 14th, 21st, and 28th. The short course will begin with Lawton Stewart's presentation on surviving drought with livestock and Levi Russell with insurance and risk management. The second night will be at The Rock Ranch with a live animal demonstration and Jason Duggin discussing the market difference in calves. Dinner will be served the final night with Jacob Segers presenting an in-depth discussion of EPD's. Cost for this course will be $55 a person or $75 per couple, please register with the Upson Extension Office (706) 647-8989 by March 10th
- Apr 11
- Aquaponics/Hydroponics/Bioponics Program (78.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- HYDROPONICS / AQUAPONICS / BIOPONICS Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:00 am – 12:00 pm 125 Pine Avenue in Downtown Albany Cost is $5.00 per person Pre-registration is required by Friday, April 1, 2017 Come join us to learn more about Gardening with Fish System Building Water Quality Nutrients Plant Production Floating Raft Aquaponics Our speakers will be: Dr. Gary Burtle, UGA, Associate Professor Animal & Dairy Science Donald Bacoat, FVSU, Aquaculture Carpenter/Production Assistant
- Apr 20-Apr 21
- NW District 4-H Leadership in Action Interviews (68.0 miles)
- College Park, GA
- Georgia 4-H Leadership in Action - Part II participants complete an interview and compete at the district level. District interviews will take place at the following locations on April 20, 2017: Camp Truitt Fulton in Atlanta (for NW District 4-H'ers), Northeast District Conference Room in Athens (NE District 4-H'ers), Southeast District Office in Statesboro (SE District 4-H'ers), and UGA Conference Center in Tifton (SW District). Part I must be submitted to local county Extension offices in early April in order to compete.