The Candler County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in the following areas: Agriculture & Natural Resources, 4-H Youth Development and Family & Consumer Sciences.
- Oct 1
- Farm & Family Day (76.0 miles)
- 8:00 AM | Jeffersonville, GA
- Get ready for FOOD, MUSIC, FUN, FARM TOURS, VENDORS, AND ACTIVITIES! Mark your calendars and get ready for a fun day! 8am to Noon (Farm Tours) 11am – 5pm (Farm & Family Day Fest) *To register for a farm tour please call the office to register and to receive more information on farm tour details.
- Oct 4
- Pineland Wellness
- 8:00 AM | Metter, GA
- Employees of Pineland Telephone are encouraged to attend wellness classes offered by Candler Extension and IHS Pharmacy for 2016 quarterly classes on overall health . April 8: Healthy Food that tastes great August 23: Eating healthy on a budget October 4: Quick healthy meals and snacks November 15- Tips for losing weight and keeping it off
- Oct 6
- Home Food Preservation (53.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Tennille, GA
- Join us for a hands-on food preservation experience! Participants will learn the basics of preserving jellied products and make a batch of apple jelly.