The Candler County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in the following areas: Agriculture & Natural Resources, 4-H Youth Development and Family & Consumer Sciences.
- Mar 25-Mar 26
- SW District Project Achievement for 4th-6th Graders (87.0 miles)
- Kathleen, GA
- 4-H Members in 4th-6th grades will compete for honors in their project area of interest. Youth sign up at their County Extension 4-H Office in early fall to develop his/her project and prepare for the competition. There are over 50 projects to choose from. Youth learn powerful research, writing and oral presentation skills. Youth may also choose to compete in a performing arts project (singing, dancing) or demonstrate culinary skills in a foods lab project.
- Mar 27-Mar 28
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (47.0 miles)
- 10:30 AM | Waynesboro, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Workshops are offered in multiple locations throughout the state; see each training's contact for details.
- Mar 28
- So Easy to Preserve Foods (62.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Savannah, GA
- Join UGA Extension Family & Consumer Sciences Agent, Jackie Ogden for a food preservation class to learn how to preserve food for you and your family using a variety of food preservation methods. Participants will receive UGA food preservation publications, recipes and research-based food safety information for home canning, freezing and drying foods.