Calhoun County Extension
Some of our most popular services include:
Have questions or want to know more?
Calhoun County Cooperative Extension
Immediate opening. This is a two-year CDC Grant Funded position.
Will work with the project leadership team and Calhoun County Coordinator, to conduct needs assessments, collaborate with
community stakeholders, deliver programming, and facilitate the evaluation of progress toward program goals.
Major responsibilities include partnering with community agencies to successfully disseminate the program; documenting and tracking program participation and feedback; coordinating with the project leadership team to schedule data collection with participants; recruiting, engaging, and retaining participants in the project.
Applicant must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License and transportation for travel within the county and to out of county Grant events within the state.
$23,500 year (or $ 11.2548 hour) excellent fringe benefits.
Interested candidates should submit application/resume online only at: www.hr.uga.edu, select Staff Openings and
Posting Position # 20161897
Applications accepted for this position : September 19-October 5, 2016
“AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED
TO A DIVERSE WORK FORCE”
- Nov 1-Nov 2
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Tifton (70.0 miles)
- Tifton - UGA Conference Center
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Tifton
- Nov 3-Nov 4
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Perry (82.0 miles)
- Georgia Agricenter Perry
- Area 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging - Perry
- Nov 7-Nov 8
- ServSafe Restaurant Manager Food Safety Certification (28.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- You can improve your food safety and sanitation skills through a nationally recognized food safety sanitation course. The class is 16 hours by a Certified ServSafe Trainer of UGA Family and Consumer Sciences, Suzanne Williams. This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and is certified through the National Restaurant Association and includes the course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instruction, and refreshments. Successful completion of the exam provides certification. The class fee of $140.00 includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch is on your own.
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 9/2/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 9/19/2016
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
- Vegetable Garden Calendar (C 943)
- Published 5/25/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More