Brooks County Extension is dedicated to connecting Brooks County citizens, Ag Commodity producers and residents with the latest agriculture news, 4-H updates and alerts. This information is provided by the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension and based upon the most current research conducted at UGA.
- Apr 4-Apr 5
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (32.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Lakeland, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.
- Apr 11
- Aquaponics/Hydroponics/Bioponics Program (65.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- HYDROPONICS / AQUAPONICS / BIOPONICS Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:00 am – 12:00 pm 125 Pine Avenue in Downtown Albany Cost is $5.00 per person Pre-registration is required by Friday, April 1, 2017 Come join us to learn more about Gardening with Fish System Building Water Quality Nutrients Plant Production Floating Raft Aquaponics Our speakers will be: Dr. Gary Burtle, UGA, Associate Professor Animal & Dairy Science Donald Bacoat, FVSU, Aquaculture Carpenter/Production Assistant
- Apr 21-Apr 22
- SW District 4-H Leadership in Action Interviews (47.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- Georgia 4-H Leadership in Action - Part II participants complete an interview and compete at the district level. District interviews will take place at the following locations on April 20, 2017: Camp Truitt Fulton in Atlanta (for NW District 4-H'ers), Northeast District Conference Room in Athens (NE District 4-H'ers), Southeast District Office in Statesboro (SE District 4-H'ers), and UGA Conference Center in Tifton (SW District). Part I must be submitted to local county Extension offices in early April in order to compete.
Some of our most common services include: