Brooks County Extension is dedicated to connecting Brooks County citizens, Ag Commodity producers and residents with the latest agriculture news, 4-H updates and alerts. This information is provided by the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension and based upon the most current research conducted at UGA.
- Feb 28-Mar 1
- SW 4-H Update-All Staff (47.0 miles)
- Tifton, GA
- SW 4-H Update-All Staff
- Mar 16-Mar 17
- ServSafe Restaurant Manager Food Safety Certification (65.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- You can improve your food safety and sanitation skills through a nationally recognized food safety sanitation course. The class is 16 hours by a Certified ServSafe Trainer of UGA Family and Consumer Sciences, Suzanne Williams. This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and is certified through the National Restaurant Association and includes the course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instruction, and refreshments. Successful completion of the exam provides certification. The class fee of $140.00 includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch is on your own.
- Mar 21
- SHEEP AND GOAT PRODUCTION MEETING WITH DR. NIKI WHITLEY, UGA & FVSU SPECIALIST (88.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Manchester, GA
- This meeting will be an informal one giving sheep and goat producers the opportunity to ask Dr. Whitley about any concerns that they have regarding management on their farms. Topics already presented that will be discussed are CDT vaccinations, prevention of Coccidiosis, mineral supplementation, especially copper, for parasite management and meat processing.
Some of our most common services include: