Brooks County Extension is dedicated to connecting Brooks County citizens, Ag Commodity producers and residents with the latest agriculture news, 4-H updates and alerts. This information is provided by the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension and based upon the most current research conducted at UGA.
- Jul 27
- Egg Candeling Class (13.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Valdosta, GA
- Lowndes County Extension and the Georgia Department of Agriculture will be offering an Egg Candling class July 27, 2016 from 10 am - 3 pm at the Lowndes County Extension office. This event is free to all ages. Call the Lowndes County Extension office to register and for more information. 10 am to 12 pm – Classroom instruction and written exam 12 pm to 1 pm – Break for lunch(Lunch not provided) 1 pm to 3 pm – Candling exercise
- Aug 1-Aug 2
- ServSafe Restaurant Manager Food Safety Certification (65.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Albany, GA
- You can improve your food safety and sanitation skills through a nationally recognized food safety sanitation course. The class is 16 hours by a Certified ServSafe Trainer of UGA Family and Consumer Sciences, Suzanne Williams. This course meets the new GA Food Code requirements and is certified through the National Restaurant Association and includes the course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instruction, and refreshments. Successful completion of the exam provides certification. The class fee of $140.00 includes course book, supplies, educational materials, exam, instructions, and refreshments. Lunch is on your own.
- Aug 2-Aug 3
- ServSafe® Manager Certification Training and Exam (32.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Lakeland, GA
- Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF.
Some of our most common services include: