Brooks County Extension is dedicated to connecting Brooks County citizens, Ag Commodity producers and residents with the latest agriculture news, 4-H updates and alerts. This information is provided by the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension and based upon the most current research conducted at UGA.
- May 24-May 25
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam (47.0 miles)
- 8:30 AM | Tifton, GA
- UGA Tift County Extension provides the Nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. The training is from 8:30am - 5:00pm, both days. $140.00
- May 25
- Lowndes County AgAware Training for Journeyman Farmer Program (13.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Valdosta, GA
- The Journeyman Farmer Program offers comprehensive training for beginning farmers. The program involves three steps: AgAware or Small Farm Business Training, Small Fruit and Vegetable Production or Small Ruminant Production, and Hands-On internship/mentorship. This is the first part of the training offered in Lowndes County and is open to all. Those who wish to apply for the Hands-On component must complete steps 1 and 2. The classes will be held in the Lowndes County Extension office on May 25 from 9-4pm.
- Jun 1
- Lowndes County Journeyman Farmer Program-Small Ruminant Production (13.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Valdosta, GA
- The Small Ruminant Production training provides an in-depth instruction on sheep and goat farming, from selecting breeds to marketing your product. The training includes five evening sessions and Hands-On Training with FAMACHA. It is open to all beginning farmers. Those who pass Step 1 (AgAware or Small Farm Business Training) and Step 2 (Small Ruminant Production Training) will be eligible to apply for a paid internship or mentorship with a local farmer. Classes will be held June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 from 6-8pm and June 23rd for Hands-On Training with FAMACHA from 5:30-8pm. Please sign up by May 25 to guarantee your spot.
Some of our most common services include: