The Brantley County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to our citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Our mission is to assist youth in acauiring knowledge, developing life skills and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing citizens.
We provide resources in the following areas:
Here are some of UGA Extension's most popular resources on family, food, health, home, and money.
- Walk Georgia
- A web-based fitness program dedicated to helping you track your activity, eat healthier, and exercise more efficiently. Participate individually or with a group.
- Start a New Food Business
- A collection of resources to help you get started with your small food business.
- So Easy To Preserve
- This book covers topics on preserving food, canning, pickled products, sweet spreads and syrups, freezing and drying. Available for purchase only.
- Food Talk
- Eat healthy and get moving on a budget. Find free online nutrition education courses, recipes, and other resources.
- ServSafe Training & Certification
- UGA Extension teaches ServSafe® workshops in various locations throughout the state.
- Radon Education
- Radon is a colorless, tasteless and odorless gas that can cause lung cancer. It occurs naturally and is released into the soil, easily entering buildings through the foundation. The only way to know if you have radon is to test.
- Building Baby’s Brain Series
- What happens during a child's first few years makes a big difference in the child's later life. This series helps parents learn strategies to improve early brain development.
- Child Care Provider Training
- Entity-approved training to help child care providers meet state licensing requirements. Check the calendar for training events near you.
- Marriage Matters Series
- Looking for ways to strengthen your relationship? Whether you just started dating, have been married for a while, or have been married more than once, we can always use some guidance in developing and maintaining a healthy and satisfying relationship.
- Eat Healthy, Be Active
- A flexible 3-week schedule of hands-on activities meant to improve young children's health and well-being by teaching key nutrition and physical activity concepts.
- Your Good Credit Series
- Establishing, maintaining, and protecting Your Good Credit can save you thousands of dollars over time. This series will teach you the basics of credit reports and scores.
- Your Household Water Quality: Odors in Your Water (C 1016)
- Published 3/28/2017
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Native Plants for Georgia Part I: Trees, Shrubs and Woody Vines (B 987)
- Published 3/27/2017
- This publication focuses on native trees, shrubs and woody vines for Georgia. It is not our intent to describe all native species — just those available in the nursery trade and those that the authors feel have potential for nursery production and landscape use. Rare or endangered species are not described. Information on each plant is provided according to the following categories: Common Name(s)/Botanical Name/Family, Characteristics, Landscape Uses, Size, Zones and Habitat.
- Read More
- Conversion Tables, Formulas and Suggested Guidelines for Horticultural Use (B 931)
- Published 6/22/2016
- Pesticide and fertilizer recommendations are often made on a pounds per acre and tons per acre basis. While these may be applicable to field production of many crops, orchardists, nurserymen and greenhouse operators often must convert these recommendations to smaller areas, such as row feet, square feet, or even per tree or per pot. Thus pints, cups, ounces, tablespoons and teaspoons are the common units of measure. The conversion is frequently complicated by metric units of measure. This publication is designed to aid growers in making these calculations and conversions, and also provides other data useful in the management, planning and operation of horticultural enterprises.
- Read More