- Sep 22-Sep 24
- Fall Plant Sale
- 12:00 PM | Macon, GA
- Get ready for spring by planting now. September and October are the best times for getting most trees, shrubs and other perennials off to a good start. A wide selection of Master Gardener grown plants, trees, and shrubs will be available to choose from at bargain prices, along with gardening advice and research based horticultural information. New this year will be a selection of Upcycled Garden Art. MGCG is a non-profit organization. Your support helps MGCG to support numerous community projects such as Junior Master Gardener, community gardens, scholarships and more through our various fundraising events. Sponsored by Master Gardeners of Central Georgia and UGA Cooperative Extension of Macon-Bibb and Houston Counties
- Vegetable Garden Calendar (C 943)
- Published 5/25/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More
- Commercial Tomato Production Handbook (B 1312)
- Published 5/26/2016
- This publication is a joint effort of the seven disciplines that comprise the Georgia Vegetable Team. It is comprised of 14 topics on tomato, including history of tomato production, cultural practices, pest management, harvesting, handling and marketing. This publication provides information that will assist producers in improving the profitability of tomato production, whether they are new or experienced producers.
- Read More
View other publications on Fruits & VegetablesView other publications on TurfgrassView other publications on Nutrition & Health
- Weights and Processed Yields of Fruits and Vegetables (C 780)
- Published 6/19/2014
- Marketing fresh fruits and vegetables at farmer's markets, roadside markets, and pick-your-own farms is an important and growing method of marketing. However, many of the containers used are not practical for consumers.
- Read More
The Bibb County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.