The Barrow County Cooperative Exension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
Have questions or want to know more?
- Sep 6
- Grass Master Forage Program part 1 (105.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Alma, GA
- This is a seven part series that will provide information on forage selection, grazing strategies, fertilization,hay production and NRCS programs. Cost will be $25 per person for the entire series. Participants that complete five of the seven nights will receive certification of completion. Registration is required. Spaces are limited. Pesticide Certification credit hour will be offered in Private, Cat 21 and Cat. 22 Part 1, Sept. 6; Part 2, Sept 13; Part 3, Sept. 20; part 4, Sept.27; part 5, Oct. 4; part 6, Oct. 11, part 7, Oct. 18.
- Sep 6
- Georgia Master Cattleman Class (91.0 miles)
- 6:30 PM | LaGrange, GA
- Do you want to become a Georgia Master Cattleman? This eight week program is presented by the University of Georgia College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences and begins September 6 and runs through October 25 for a total of eight classes meeting on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Topics will include forages, nutrition, facilities, external parasites, diseases, reproduction, genetics and more. The last meeting will feature a steak dinner. It is also a good opportunity for people who may be considering getting into the cattle business in the future and will bring producers up to date on a variety of topics concerning the beef industry. This program is only offered every two years the location rotates around the 39 county Northwest District.
- Sep 8-Sep 9
- NW Area Forestry Contest (77.0 miles)
- Conyers, GA
- NW Area Forestry Contest