The Barrow County Cooperative Extension Office extends lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education.
Some of our most popular services include:
Have questions or want to know more?
- Oct 24-Oct 25
- Homeschool Days @ the Rock (30.0 miles)
- 10:00 AM | Eatonton, GA
- Learning comes to life during Rock Eagle's Homeschool Days. Families stay overnight to experience our residential environmental education programming. Price includes lodging, classes, and meals. This year, students will get wet learning about Watersheds! Bring your rain boots, because we will be sampling in Rock Eagle's streams to determine the health of our water. What lives in the creeks and streams of Rock Eagle? You'll experience it all in our Watershed class. Afterwards, things get scaly and slimy in Herpetology. In this session, we learn about native reptiles and amphibians. Students will get an up close and personal experience with our program animals. During our last Rock Eagle class, we will time travel to the past and learn about what life was like in pioneer times. We will hike to our living history site to experience early Rock Eagle history. To register, contact Jessica Torhan at 706-484-4838 or by email email@example.com.
- Oct 25
- Georgia Pesticide License Review in Cobb County (110.0 miles)
- 9:00 AM | Marietta, GA
- A Review of the Pesticide Application General Standards and Ornamental and Turf category 24.
- Oct 27-Dec 3
- Small Ruminant Production Training (82.0 miles)
- 6:00 PM | Sylvania, GA
- The Small Ruminant Production Training provides an in-depth instruction on sheep and goat farming, from selecting breeds to marketing your product. The schedule includes five evening sessesions and a hands-on Saturday training.